butsa
Looking for a web hosting provider!!
  • 2004/3/9 20:03

• butsa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 1

Hi..
I am a newbie about the web hosting.. My friend build up a website for my club. He used XOOPS and build this website in his local computer. (www.butsa.com) Now I want to move everything to the NET. He also gave me the account of "enterprise digital" web hosting company. I tried to move everything to it. But it is painful.. I do not know how to do and the tech supports have no exprience about Xoops. So I think it maybe save me a lot of energy if I try a Xoops-experienced web hosting company. My request is simple.. It has to be read in Chinese character and it needs to be simple to move. ( upload and redirect the Xoops_root_directory) If you know any good companies, please email me.. meng_chiao_ho@yahoo.com.tw
The server has to be in USA...
Thanks for your help
Joseph

Stewdio
Re: Looking for a web hosting provider!!
  • 2004/3/9 21:34

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Any provider with PHP and mySQL will be able to run your site. Many web hosts are starting to provide this basic functionality. Be on the lookout for how many SQL databases they provide and other such features. Comparison shop everything you look at. Try to avoid resellers and go to companies that offer stability and support.

You may find it hard for webhosts to provide support for Xoops, they will just send you here. What they will help you with is setting up your SQL database and how to run it's features.

Take your time and don't rush into it. Moving after you have a host can be troublesome to say the least.

Watch out for package deals. Just because it says 7.95 a month, doesn't mean it will actually cost you that. You'll get that price if you pay for 2 years hosting. Before you sign up, you want to be sure you are happy with your host. Make sure they offer a guarantee of some sort.

For beginners, I recommend www.GoDaddy.com or any other such large company that can cater to your needs. (I use a different host) We're all new at this at one point in our lives and if there is anything you need to know, feel free to ask here on the forums.

There are no stupid questions, so don't be afraid to ask. I havn't covered all the bases here so others are welcome to chime in at any time.

Cheers

butsa
  • 2004/3/9 21:40

• butsa

• Just popping in

Thanks for your information..
I had a provider.. enterprise digital
They had no experience about Xoops..
I got this error messege..
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/butsa/public_html/kernel/configitem.php on line 286
( the url ishttp://207.99.34.7/~butsa/)

Can anyone know what may cause the problem...

Thanks many times
Joseph

phppp
  • 2004/3/9 22:30

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

No errors during installation?

butsa
  • 2004/3/9 22:35

• butsa

• Just popping in

Well..
I do not know how to install it in the company space..
Thanks for help

wjue
  • 2004/3/9 22:49

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

contact the webmaster ofhttp://tw.xoops.org, he will be able to help you in Chinese langue installation of Xoops

wjue

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits