TriKster
Forum module in XOOPS 2.0.6 not working
  • 2004/3/8 17:44

• TriKster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/7 2

I have tried absolutley everything I could to make the forum admin work.

Something must be wrong.. either we do not have a databases setup for the XOOPS forums.. or something is wrong with this new release. (2.0.6)

We have tried from 3 different people's homes, and 3 different ISP connections.. and 2 different operating systems.

All 3 of us are having the same problem. We can make the category itself (even though it does not show up when you click on the "forums" link).. and also we are unable to make the forum for each category.

I thought with me it was some kinda java-script/Linux/mozilla/opera issue, as on creation of a new forum there is a gif on the bottom left side of the forum edit/admin screen that says "menu".. as if there was supposed to be something there under the "menu", but in fact nothing shows up..

Are we missing a module? we activated all but 2 modules for all of the sites/domains. We are using the newest release of XOOPS, fresh off of the xoops.org website.

Please help!

This is holding back 3 new domains atm, and 3 on the way... for a total of 6 domains that the forums wont work on.

We dont want to go back to phpnuke.. we like our sites as they are and like the ease of use with XOOPS.

Thank you

Sincerely,

TriKster Abacus

studioC
Re: Forum module in XOOPS 2.0.6 not working
  • 2004/3/8 18:28

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

hello TriKster,

i do have same problems on one of my server [as posted] and i could not find anything unusual til today..

i've set up a new server, ns and a fresh xoopsinstall and, no wonder, it's ok , forum works as normal as expected..

what's differnt ? I'm not that prooger or technic-fan but theres one thing, which should be viewed at...

on server one first everything goes fine.. than i installed Zend Optimizer 2.5.0

really after this first errors in forum occur. Some forum work, some doesn't... Viewing at my php configuration i mentionend that php.ini is copied to folder ../..Zend/..
by installation of Zend..

dunno what this could be the problem ? Maybe installation changes some setting in ini-files what newbb doesn't like No perhaps this could be a hint !

michael

edit: huuuh, dunno if i had to copy this answer to the three equal posts you made......

JackJ
Re: Forum module in XOOPS 2.0.6 not working
  • 2004/3/8 19:19

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Can you do a debug and post the results?

I do know that some versions of php have problems with 2.06

There is a patch that worked for me Here

my problem was topics not showing up when clicked on

Perhaps it is something else though do do with server config

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits