GadgetMn
Help! Magazine Cover Style Module Required
  • 2003/12/29 21:26

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/15

I have an existing web site I want to convert to XOOPS (www.pan-clan.org). The home page is the cover of the groups bi-monthly magazine which automatically gets archived.

I'm hoping there is a module out there in the public domain, an existing module that could be used to do this or one that someone has written already, that will do just this.

Cheers,

GadgetMn

CBlue
Re: Help! Magazine Cover Style Module Required

You could use one of the content modules to feature your magazine cover (everything in the center of your page). You could just set that module as your start page in general settings in your system admin preferences.

One such module that can have a page like that as the front page is sections, which comes with xoops. You would just need to do a little editing of the page to make sure only your content is shown on it and nothing else. Then you can use the left column of XOOPS to have your links.

GadgetMn
  • 2003/12/30 11:25

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

CBlue,

Thansk for the reply. I've not used sections so far but I'll take a look.

What I'm lookig to achieve is that the latest cover is always displayed. So as a new issue is released and I add the cover, the previous issue is automatically archived. Ok, automatic could mean changing a category, but I'll see what sections can do before I ask again.

Cheers,

GadgetMn

MadFish
  • 2003/12/30 16:39

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Hi GadgetMn

We've done something like this using the Spotlight module to 'pin' the cover of our magazine (and an 'in this issue' blurb) on the home page. If you created a magazine category in the news module it would be automatically be archived as well.

Our test site (with some very sucky logos) has this up...and some magazines you can download, if you like fish :)

GadgetMn
  • 2003/12/30 18:01

• GadgetMn

• Just popping in

This is exactly what I am looking for. Where do I get the Spotlight module from?

Don't worry. Found it onhttp://www.modcentral.com/

Cheers,

GadgetMn

limecity
  • 2003/12/30 18:11

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

Madfish..
do you provide live news feed to other sites?
Rss feeds?
iframes?

btw..does anyone know how i can add RSS news feed into XOOPS block?
Thanks

and also..where can i find News Feed for malaysia?
Thanks

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits