ManXP
Trouble with xoops
  • 2003/12/4 17:40

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/8/14

I am using XOOPS and i don't know, what's happened, but i can't opne my website. I get an dialog with File Download. Everything was ok before 20 minutes, but now... Please, look and say, what's wrong -http://www.projectbeta.org

CBlue
Re: Trouble with xoops

Have you just recently installed anything on your site? Have you had this version of XOOPS running for awhile?

If no to question one and yes to question two, then contact your support people on your webhost's support page. This could be something server related.

talunceford

The only time that I have ever seen that is when I was using gzip compression for the site and another type of compression setup within my php config....

CBlue

I use gzip compression and have never experienced the problem he has above.

CBlue

I really think this is a server problem.

ManXP
  • 2003/12/4 17:50

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

No, i didn't install anything. Just posted some news and that's all. I am running XOOPS 2.0.5 a lot of time ago and never had this trouble

CBlue

It's your webhost's server then. Contact their support people and ask them why your site is messed up. They should be able to help you.

Herko
  • 2003/12/4 18:32

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Other then the fact that I can't understand the language, it looks fine to me!~I use Mozilla, is it doens't look good on IE, maybe it's a CSS thing?

Herko

ManXP
  • 2003/12/4 18:39

• ManXP

• Quite a regular

Yeah, it's everything OK now, i contacted my host provider and they reinstalled PHP. But after this i know one new thing - XOOPS isn't safe CMS. Yes, i mean very unsafe. Because my website was closed just for several minutes, but people already "hacked" my SQL base, they just copied a few files from my XOOPS site and they know SQL Base password now. When they know SQL password, they can browse tables and to view all users information, such as login and password. What can i do now? These people aren't "black hats", but it took just few minutes to get all my password from XOOPS.

CBlue

Your server is the one that caused your site to become a zip file for people to download. That can happen with any site, not just xoops.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits