batmon
community or group module??
  • 2003/11/27 0:06

• batmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

I am looking for something like community module. What I want to do is to have a main XOOPS site, then within the site, it will have many little communities and groups. People who registed with the XOOPS site then can join to these communities or groups. Each community will have their HOME page that shows their news and articles only, can have it's own theme, logo or just diff color, then whatever got posted will also been posted on the MAIN site. Then, when check on user's profile, it will say this person is also belongs to these communities or org or groups, etc.

Any idea? Or does nuke has this that we can port it over?

Thanks

Anonymous
Re: community or group module??
  • 2003/11/27 3:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yeah, this is an awsome idea! And if it allows members to start their own communitites either free or for a price it would kick arse!

Such a Module would put XOOPS above the rest!

This is what one other guy needed for website for the US states. It would have been perfect for him and I could really use such a module on 3 of my sites, badly!

Max

Herko
  • 2003/11/27 6:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This is actually under development right now. XOOPS has been selected by Nabuur.com, a 3rd world development program, to be used as it's community system, and this is their primary goal of development. This is a jiont development project of XOOPS and Nabuur. Their deadline is this year, so in a month we should be able to release a beta version of the code. You have to realise that this feature needs to be well thought out and securely implemented for this to work. XOOPS has always worked hard to create quality code, Object Oriented. This means that demanding features to be made NOW isn't an option unless the classes are already in the core, or the XOOPS native modules are already partly written. That's the price you have to pay for quality, and the way XOOPS development works

Herko

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/27 15:59

• Anonymous

• Since:

Wonderful herko! This is awsome news!

Please stick this so others may see what is coming up in the near future. This is going to put XOOPS second to none!

I can't wait! It is perfect for a few of my new sites going up! PERFECT I tall ya!

Max

batmon
  • 2003/12/2 6:56

• batmon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/24

wow~ this sounds great~!! I can't wait!

MadFish
  • 2003/12/2 10:01

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

This is absolutely fantastic news, thank you Nabuur and whoever else is working on it

neWPCNeo
  • 2003/12/22 23:54

• neWPCNeo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/22

man that will totally rock on my domain im getting then i can set up different areas for game mods, etc
thank you dudes that are creating this

script_fu

Any news on this?

onetruth
  • 2004/8/7 4:41

• onetruth

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/3 1

Any updates as to when this feature will be available?

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 172

heyula,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!