hrac
LDAP integration in XOOPS 2.1
  • 2003/11/12 7:13

• hrac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/7/15

Hello,

As far as I understand from roadmap discussions, LDAP will be included with 2.1 version of XOOPS. I've tried to contact to core team members several times with PM, but I got no responce so I'm tring to communicate with forum :)

I think it is a good idea to discuss how LDAP integration or LDAP support will be in core before coding. So there should be a user group, beta test group and development group. I can join all of three teams if desired. But I want to be sure LDAP will be in core with 2.1 version. Because when we talked about version 2.0, it was said LDAP will be in core with version 2.0, but there were no progress. And also I wrote a hack for XOOPS version 1.3.4. Look at this thread. But this hack remained only for version 1.3.4.

I'm sure XOOPS will be more powerful and more widely used with LDAP integration.

Best regards
Hirac

Herko
Re: LDAP integration in XOOPS 2.1
  • 2003/11/12 7:56

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

From the roadmap discussion thread you see that's it's requested. It's up to the devs to see if and how it will be integrated. The roadmap discussion is just that, a discussion, not the actual roadmap itself.

But, being a core team member not PM-ed by you, I'll see why you haven't been contacted. Who did you PM? Kazu is the Core Development Team leader, so he's the one you should ask.

Herko

hrac
  • 2003/11/12 8:12

• hrac

• Quite a regular

To join to core team for LDAP, I PM-ed to onokazu. About LDAP developments, I PM-ed to you.

I want to see LDAP in core of 2.1, because everytime I try to use XOOPS as a CMS solution in my company, it is refused because of lack of LDAP support. But I'm sure XOOPS is better than other portal/CMS solutions used in my company. But the others are using because they have LDAP support.

hrac
  • 2003/11/12 18:50

• hrac

• Quite a regular

Our company's intranet and portal platform is Vignette Story Server, but I think XOOPS is better on most cases, only workflow, logging mechanisms and LDAP integration are better than XOOPS. But Vignette is very expensive product, XOOPS is free.

gstarrett
  • 2003/11/13 5:27

• gstarrett

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/3/12

Quote:

hrac wrote:
To join to core team for LDAP, I PM-ed to onokazu. About LDAP developments, I PM-ed to you.

I want to see LDAP in core of 2.1, because everytime I try to use XOOPS as a CMS solution in my company, it is refused because of lack of LDAP support. But I'm sure XOOPS is better than other portal/CMS solutions used in my company. But the others are using because they have LDAP support.

This is something I'm very interested in also!

hrac
  • 2003/11/13 7:20

• hrac

• Quite a regular

So one XOOPS core team member and one XOOPS friend are interesting in LDAP. I guess this time LDAP is seriously coming to XOOPS. :)

winabe
  • 2003/11/13 12:00

• winabe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/5/12

hey dude,

Be a "Friend of XOOPS" then you would get one XOOPS core team member and TWO XOOPS friends who are interesting in LDAP. LDAP is surely coming to XOOPS.

hrac
  • 2003/11/13 12:22

• hrac

• Quite a regular

Than I can find one more "Friend of XOOPS" so three is better than two

ackbarr

how about another core team member

parrax
  • 2003/11/25 11:06

• parrax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

I also think that the LDAP implementation will determine the success of a GPL CMS like XOOPS. Currently the system is very nice, but it cannot be implemented in our organization, as we don't want to have a separate authentication system (yet another directory to maintain !!).
With LDAP integration, I really think intranet usage of XOOPS will become widely used.

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits