Junkie
Difference in Xoop and E-Xoop
  • 2003/11/10 12:14

• Junkie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

What are the differences in Xoop and E-Xoop?

Can you create pages and blocks in Xoop.

E-Xoop does not appear to have the "create a page" option.

I am currently using Enigma Board at my site but I do like some of the features you have hear over Enigma.

Thanks,

Doug

http://linksjournal.com

Herko
Re: Difference in Xoop and E-Xoop
  • 2003/11/10 12:24

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The difference between XOOPS and e-XOOPS is that XOOPS uses smarty as it's template engine, and the XOOPS is more advanced then e-XOOPS.

You can create pages with XOOPS, using any number of modules. For instance, you can use wf-sections, which is an advanced article management module. You can create your own custom blocks with XOOPS.

Herko

cmagana
  • 2003/11/12 2:04

• cmagana

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/11/8

Yeah, XOOPS is the best CMS on the earth.

deedee
  • 2003/11/12 4:41

• deedee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

I tried Enigma for a few days and had way too many parse errors trying to "wrap" my html pages, real nice people there though tried to help with any problems I had. I tried out e-xoops, deleted it after playing with it one day, ran too slow on my hosts server and didn't have the features I needed. I hate to tell you how many I installed and tested and didn't give XOOPS a look as I thought they were one and the same.

Well, I ran onto a XOOPS site and was impressed with it's features so I clicked the little link at the bottom of the page and ended up here. I LOVE xoops! I tested over 15 CMS/portals. I am a novice, know little about php, you won't find a system that installs as easy and that goes for installing modules too. What I like the best, this is a large polite community. I have never been berated or seen it happen to others when needing help. I'm usually someone that will read for hours to find an answer to a problem, afraid of being told it's already been answered or that I'm an idiot and they are all PHP Gods. (one portal I tried out, that was the opinion of most of their posters)

There are several options for integrating other pages, FreeContent, TinyContent and Cjay Content beside the one already mentioned.

Sorry to be so long winded - I am just so thrilled with xoops, I plan on donating to keep the developers going!
Dee

sunsnapper

Deedee's post makes me think this web site might help you out:
http://www.opensourcecms.com/
They have a number of PHP/MySQL CMSs installed, so you can try them all out before you choose one.

I suspect you can save yourself some time and just choose Xoops.

1. Performance
2. xhtml
3. EASY to install
4. Very friendly supportive community to get help and advice.

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits