ivan8r
Specific changes to theme
  • 2003/10/21 10:27

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/1

I'm trying to make some very specific changes to the color of text in my theme. I've created classes in my CSS that will change these items to the colors that I want, but I can't find a place to specify which class to use. Where can I change the following:

1. In the NEW MEMBERS block, I would like to change the class or color of the URL that shows the username. Which file do I change?

2. In the NEWS module, there is a username link immediately following "Posted By". Which file contains that link so that I can change the color/class. Also on this page, I'd like to change the color/class of the Edit, Delete, and Comments links.

3. In the MYLINKS module, I'd like to change the color of the categories and the title of the file to be downloaded. Similar changes need to be made in DOWNLOADS.

4. In the FORUM, I'd like to change the forum titles and the Advanced Search link.

Is there a special way to specify the classes of these URL's, or can I just add the HTML style class tag?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

hsalazar
Re: Specific changes to theme
  • 2003/10/21 14:54

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

ivan8r:

I'll answer your specific questions with a generic answer. To do the necessary changes, first take a look at the code generated by each page and search for a class selector.

For instance, in the NEW MEMBERS block, look in the source for the code that generates the username's URL. Does it have a class defined? If it does, then that's the class you need to change. If it doesn't, then you need to change the selector a and whatever variants are present in the CSS (a:link, a:hover, a:visited...).

The same principle applies to every case you ask about.

Cheers.

ivan8r
  • 2003/10/27 2:44

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

This I completely understand, and it is actually what I would like to do. My problem is that I am not sure which files I need to view to find the code that generates the URL. I am just trying to save myself some time by getting the facts from somebody who already knows.

philou
  • 2003/10/27 6:37

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

you can apply changes with editing the blocs. (be sure that you have cloned the default template set....)

ivan8r
  • 2003/10/27 8:32

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

Per your recommendation, I have tried to edit the blocks. Unfortunately, the changes I am making to them does not appear online. Is there a trick to this?

Maybe having you look at the site will show you what I'm trying to fix. The url is http://www.peninsuladesign.com/clients/kuhnsman/xoops-2.0.5-rc/html/.

You'll notice the dark background behind the login block. The text that says username and password is black. I have tried to assign a CSS class to the template for this block and I've even gone in and changed the color using <font> tags, but nothing seems to work. I have even tried changing the spacing (just to see if any of my changes worked) of the block by adding <p></p> and <br> tags and the changes don't appear.

While you're there, you'll also notice a few more of my coloration problems like the light colored url's in the New Members block and the light colored "Posted by" url in the main body.

Now, I have successfully changed the classes of text on the Agenda-X module I am using. Why are the system blocks so much more challenging?

If you have any tips/tricks/whatever that will help me make these changes, you'll turn me into a really happy guy!!

Thanks for all your help so far!

ivan8r
  • 2003/10/27 9:29

• ivan8r

• Just popping in

Ok it looks like I am slowly but surely beginning to figure this out, but I still have more questions.

The theme I'm using has a class specification for the right column. Is it possible that the class for the right column is overriding the classes I am assigning to the blocks? I am still pretty new to using CSS, so please forgive me if this is an obvious thing to know.

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits