Herko
phpCollab module?
  • 2003/9/10 13:41

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Does anyone know of a successful phpCollab integration or modularisation with XOOPS? We're looking at using XOOPS as our corporate extranet application, but we'd like project workplace facilities, most of those XOOPS posesses, but phpCollab would make an excellent addition... Anyone?

Herko

Herko
Re: phpCollab module?
  • 2003/9/12 7:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Nobody?

Herko

wjue
  • 2003/9/12 8:48

• wjue

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/8/3 7

I know some french coders were working on this, some time ago, but I don't know if there's any public release.

wjue

philou
  • 2003/9/12 12:16

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

Hello,

I have working in this project but there are too much work at the moment... I have the result of the first step but one off the problem is the php Session used in phpcollab and it's not very easy to use the user table of xoops....

If you have time .....

djeddiej
  • 2003/9/16 17:55

• djeddiej

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/16

Hi -

I installed phpCollab separately a while back, then removed it. I then installed XOOPS, and now intend to install phpCollab with XOOPS. there is a reference to one instruction in the install.txt file. It reads

- Extract in one folder, "phpcollab" for example (with XOOPS integration, extract as "phpcollab" in modules folder)

Has anyone tried this? Is this all that is required to make phpCollab and XOOPS work?

cheers

Edward

philou
  • 2003/9/16 18:37

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

it is just a beginning...
It permits to create a link in the main menu

djeddiej
  • 2003/9/16 19:18

• djeddiej

• Just popping in

Hi -

I see. I completed the install of phpCollab and configured it to run within XOOPS. And indeed, it runs literally inside the XOOPS site! I was actually pleasantly surprised. Unfortunately, the native design of phpcollab does not really "jive" with the custom theme I made, but I am sure I can make some design modifications to make it work better.

Otherwise, it runs great! I also understand now that people are seeking further integration, for example using a common user set, sharing of data between XOOPS and collab, etc. I'd be interested in finding out more, and perhaps contribute (although I have just started to explore XOOPS myself).

cheers

Edward

air4ce
  • 2003/9/16 21:24

• air4ce

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/16

CEAM, the original developer of PhpCollab, began exploring CMS integration at version 2.5 (XOOPS 2 and later PostNuke). He got an initial cut distributed in his first beta, and then abruptly stopped developing PhpCollab for some reason - something about working on another project.

The PhpCollab community is now in the process of transitioning from a one-man show to a community effort. A second beta of 2.5 has been released, but the CMS integration has been removed and the project team seems not to be interested in exploring CMS integration preferring to focus on other project management and collaborative management features.

http://phpcollab.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?t=900

Integration won't come from the PhpCollab community - they suggest you use a wrapper.

Tim Pascal

djeddiej
  • 2003/10/17 14:24

• djeddiej

• Just popping in

Hello everyone -

So does this mean that phpCollab will just install within XOOPs as a self-contained module and nothing else? This would imply that there would be no sharing of user or content data between the systems.

I suppose that is ok for my general purpose, other than the repetition of having to recreate users and password for two systems. I had actually read about phpCollab no longer investigating further the integration with CMSs like XOOPs, but it was at the same time when XOOPs sites were promoting that it was indeed possible to integrate them both. So it was a little miscommunication. I suppose there will be independent hacks built to accomodate both systems, and I am all for it.

I guess the question is now will phpCollab's 'self-containment' as a module within XOOPS be maintained as phpCollab and XOOPS progress? or will this drop?

thanks again

Edward
Quote:

air4ce wrote:
CEAM, the original developer of PhpCollab, began exploring CMS integration at version 2.5 (XOOPS 2 and later PostNuke). He got an initial cut distributed in his first beta, and then abruptly stopped developing PhpCollab for some reason - something about working on another project.

The PhpCollab community is now in the process of transitioning from a one-man show to a community effort. A second beta of 2.5 has been released, but the CMS integration has been removed and the project team seems not to be interested in exploring CMS integration preferring to focus on other project management and collaborative management features.

http://phpcollab.sourceforge.net/viewtopic.php?t=900

Integration won't come from the PhpCollab community - they suggest you use a wrapper.

Tim Pascal

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits