domineaux
Re: Advanced Downloads Module
  • 2004/3/29 15:10

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I was looking at this Script used by Dana Themes for DL.

CLICK TO SCRIPT

Anyone tried it within Xoops?

Shine
  • 2004/3/29 17:05

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Jan304 has integrated the Invision Power File Manager, which is somewhat similar with the script used by Dana Themes.
Take a look at:http://xoops.opencms.nl/modules/wfsnippets/index.php?op=view&t=15

And for download:http://xoops.opencms.nl/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=8

Grtz., Shine

kotis
  • 2004/3/29 19:42

• kotis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/12/23

Quote:

domineaux wrote:
I was looking at this Script used by Dana Themes for DL.

Why are you taking this thread off-topic? This thread is about an advanced downloads module - MyDownloadsRC by Catzwolf to be exact. I think that any other requests should belong to a new thread...

domineaux
  • 2004/3/29 20:46

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

Quote:
Why are you taking this thread off-topic? This thread is about an advanced downloads module - MyDownloadsRC by Catzwolf to be exact. I think that any other requests should belong to a new thread...

Off topic?

Why don't you chill. I been using Xoops, and posting on these boards a while now. (since September 2002)

The PaFileDb is a download and upload utility. It's just not XOOPS "integrated". IT works well and addresses the needs for administering uploads and downloads independently of Xoops. I'll just do a hyperlink to it. The user could care less, whether it's XOOPS or no. MySql for the Downloads will be separated from the XOOPS MySql. This feature alone will save me time when dealing with issues on XOOPS upgrades.

So...I hyperlink to Invision Boards...Noah Classifieds...and others. You might do well to think along the same lines. You may find support issues not to your liking after a few upgrades. Especially with XOOPS custom mods.

THese are public forums, and you aren't the only one interested in this topic. Look at the number of people who are following this thread.

I was merely suggesting and alternative, not specifically to you. Did you see your name on it? If I was desparate for a mod, I sure wouldn't rag on someone that mentioned something that might be a viable workaround. As I recall you did indicate some urgency about a needing a download mod for your site.

-----------------------

kotis
  • 2004/3/30 6:50

• kotis

• Just popping in

Quote:

domineaux wrote:
Why don't you chill.

THese are public forums, and you aren't the only one interested in this topic. Look at the number of people who are following this thread.

I was merely suggesting and alternative, not specifically to you. Did you see your name on it?

I am chill - we are having a conversation here... :)

I know that these are public folder. You have only to take a closer look to see that I was the one that started this thread and you can easily spot that the thread is titled "Advanced Downloads Module". So, we are talking about a XOOPS module of course, not some third party solution. We are also talking about something close to the Downloads module and of course that it is more advanced than the current one... right?

It's good to be suggestive my friend but on more generic threads. Being suggestive on threads like this, you just mislead novice users. Not everyone is a XOOPS expert in here...

Regards,
Kostas

BLazeD
  • 2004/3/31 5:03

• BLazeD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/31

Any update on this?

It would be perfect for my site, and also another I am building... Just trying to find the right CMS

kotis
  • 2004/3/31 12:42

• kotis

• Just popping in

Quote:

BLazeD wrote:
Any update on this?

I hope that catzwolf is sooo busy updating this module, that he has no time to even reply...

I just hope...

Catzwolf
  • 2004/3/31 15:55

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Sorry guys,

The module is still being developed, but sometimes my work gets in the way

BBut I will keep you informed on the progress

oleman
  • 2004/4/3 8:07

• oleman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/28

samuels has modified my dowloads currently called my downloads pro to include user uploads it also includes group and individual user permissions
you can download it at
http://www.forjandoleyendas.com/public/fl/uploads/mydownloads_v.zip

davidl2
  • 2004/4/3 8:31

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Catz - look forward to the final release!

I currently use a standard PHP upload script via IFRAME - not a great solution, but it does at least work for the meantime :)

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits