m0nty
Re: HOW TO UPGRADE VER - 2.0.92 TO VER - 2.2
  • 2005/7/31 21:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@Catalin, to be fair,i think your problems definitely stem from ipb being installed.. but i've said many many times never to upgrade your site to the latest version until an update is available for ipb aswell, as it will stop both working.

i still can't understand why people so hastily upgrade straight away as soon as a new version comes out, especially if it's not a Security related update. if it ain't broke, don't fix it.. and really you should have tested on a test site beforehand instead of upgrading a live production site. It's been known and said many times over the last few months that XOOPS 2.2 may have some problems with older modules etc.. but as always, those problems can only be ironed out if people test them 1st and the devs don't have the time to test everything.. this is the 1st time a new release has been open tested by users because of many complaints that XOOPS were keeping things closed.. but now we have the problem where obviously the users didn't test everything and report everything back either.. so we're left with a new version that the people who tested and reported it as WORKING when obviously somethings weren't tested fully or reported as being buggy.. they can only FIX what they know about..

in retrospect tho i think it was a whole lot better and more diplomatic when only a set few people did the bug testing over a longer period of time instead of every1 jumping on the bandwagon.

catalin12345

monty to be true with all..i thinked XOOPS 2.2 haves major changes and good updates..that`s why i updated..
after i`ve updated i`ve remember about the ipb forum.....
anyhow how is going the work on adaptation of ipb to XOOPS 2.2 ?!
i will wait...next time with ipb on my site i will never update till a new version of ipb appears...and everything is clean..

m0nty
  • 2005/7/31 22:10

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you can see it onhttp://72.29.75.243/~wwcncom/test22/

but as said, i can't get it to wrap inside XOOPS yet, and there's a few debug notices.. and a slight problem with adminCP (u have to login with displayname instead of username). and both profiles don't share info yet, altho both x-ipb reg and user profiles can be switched ok and both work correctly on submissions.. i just haven't started on the actual sharing tables..

because when you upgrade to XOOPS 2.2 and run the update script, it copies all the profile info to the new profiles module.. then drops all the existing rows that were on the profile from the xoops_users table, which is what x-ipb is looking for..

catalin12345

ok monty good keep me informed..as you finish so i upgrade my ipb !maybe till the end of the next week you will finish and all will be done...thanks again bro

Herko
  • 2005/8/1 8:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

fredtheedit wrote:
Herko,

Were cool. I will behave as a person that deserves respect just as much as you do. Now on to what's more important here. XOOPS the best CMS / portal / everything and anything we want it to be, awesome technology in the universe!

God Speed,

Fred. =0)

Fred, you've just gained a couple of points in my book Not many people are able to let go of a grudge this well And I agree, I could have been more respectful too, but in my defence, I was having a bad weekend

Herko

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits