Quote:

Catzwolf wrote:

Hey Don,

Long time :-p

Yeah I couldn't resist with that post hehe! LOL

Doing good, yourself?

ATB

Catz

I'm hanging in there by a thread (or a fork).
Good to see you lurking and posting. I'm waiting for the storm to pass so I can get back to the business of open source (from a non coder's point of view).

One thing I don't think I've ever complained about is unanswered threads. I'm likely the king of lonely threads (or being the last poster, maybe I'm a thread killer lol). Frustrating to see my post sink off the page when it is because of so many of these kinds of threads. The "more" link doesn't seem to get used. There, I whinned about it... I'm happy now..

Fork away. If it makes a better product then fine. But that would be a rare case. More heads the better (if they can stop banging each other).

phppp
Re: XOOPS is forked
  • 2005/6/1 11:42

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Argh...I wrote a really long post about all this, and timed out and lost it ! So here's the short version with reference to the previous post:

Good

wow, pity.
It would not happend if CBB was used

pod
Re: XOOPS is forked (OT)
  • 2005/6/1 11:50

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

<ot>
I move that XOOPS pick the best version of the forum and integrate it across the board (no pun intended), there is too much confusion regarding the myriad XOOPS BBs. If CBB is the best fully integrated board, CBB should be running here, and be available in release packages instead of the inferior alternatives. Or maybe NewBB could just incorporate the functionality of the evolved CBB into the outmoded NewBB?

As the administrator of many community sites, whenever something like this comes up I put it to a vote & let the community decide, majority rules.
I would implore the XOOPS Administrators to consider doing the same as these "crux" situations arise (like when the community cries out for changes or improvements but is divided on the solution), as the community usually knows best.
</ot>

DonXoop

Quote:
wow, pity.

Huh? Maybe you missed a smilie but I don't think newbb was the problem. But I won't argue semantics..

Quote:
I move that XOOPS pick the best version of the forum and integrate it across the board (no pun intended),

Agreed! Nothing wrong with lots of choices though. However, I look to home base (xoops.org) for what they consider the stable choice. It doesn't mean their choice is the most feature rich or best for every need but it does tell me which one they feel most comfortable with. And so far that is newbb.

"May the fork be with you"

Kainaij
Re: XOOPS is forked
  • 2005/6/1 12:06

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Quote:

MadFish wrote:
Argh...I wrote a really long post about all this, and timed out and lost it ! So here's the short version with reference to the previous post:

Good

wow, pity.

phppp
  • 2005/6/1 12:13

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:

Huh? Maybe you missed a smilie but I don't think newbb was the problem.

Really? I wish you had understood the problem MadFish and me were talking about. You are a NewBB 2 user and I am a NewBB 2 developer so, perhaps on some points I know a bit more than you.

Here you go, , the smile

DonXoop

Yep, I'm just a dumb user with no clue. Not a one. Only an opinion and we know what opinions are worth.

Good luck anyway, I really don't want to argue about forks, knives, or the inner workings of forks or knives.

I only want to see the community back to the spirit that once was. And to have a good choice of modules to work with. So far I don't see much in the forks to make me want to switch. But that is only an opinion, and in that I know a great deal. It either works or it doesn't and I don't need a degree in physics or computer science to know.

Kainaij
  • 2005/6/1 12:27

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Since everyone else is forking off then I guess I have to show the one I've been working on for quite some time:

Resized Image

P.S.
If you look closely you can see some of the rice I've also been working on.

phppp
  • 2005/6/1 12:31

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:

I only want to see the community back to the spirit that once was.

We, the XOOPSers, all wish XOOPS best. It is much more than just a CMS or a tool.

BTW: I did not mean to argue something but just to point out the reason.

MadFish
  • 2005/6/1 13:10

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Quote:
Since everyone else is forking off then I guess I have to show the one I've been working on for quite some time

It was bound to happen sooner or later

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits