tjnemez
Re: New Hosting Provider Wanted
  • 2003/11/15 17:16

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

it would be nice to be able to check out some hosted sites to see how fast they load. shared - virtual - dedicated. presently my host does not have a lot of clients so my site loads relatively fast, but at times i can tell when traffic is high as my site slows down. seems by all posts that service is generally good, but what about download speed for visitors.

CBlue

Quote:

svaha wrote:
Quote:
by CBlue on 2003/11/14 17:57:13

I recommendhttp://www.onsmart.net I have been using them for several months now. They are very quick to answer questions and help you.

Hi CBlue,
can you give us the name of your site, or sites hosted by onsmart, so I can test their speed and so on.

Aloha

My two XOOPS sites (both are 2.05) arehttp://www.crazy4realitytv.com andhttp://magazine.crazy4realitytv.com

Alot of my users have broadband but the ones that have dialup say they have no problem with page loading or slow page loading.

lsrytlee
  • 2003/11/17 21:27

• lsrytlee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/17

Hello, I've also searching for a webhosting company for hosting my new registered domain by using XOOPS. My friends have recommanded the godaddy.com to me. Does anyone know the service level they provided? From its website, the price of Jonior plan is so attractive, only $3.95 US! But it seems not to be so attractive when comparing with the recommanded list here (using the Deluxe hosting plan)!

When looking at the company background and info. page, it seems to be much more better (It also being ICANN member) than here before!

So, is there anybody know the level of services they provided, and can tell me a little bits more?

The most important thing in my requirement for the webhosting service is the flexibility(Because I've faced the upload problem due to server setting under my testing env., the problem pls. refer tohttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12637&forum=4#forumpost50670 , and I think it can explain what the "flexibility" I want! ) and stable in a reasonable price!

Sorry for asking so many questions, thanks a lot!

JackJ
  • 2003/11/18 1:29

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Just had to second the Onsmart.net post. They are excellent. I am in UK and no noticible loss of speed. I have been with onsmart for a few months now--my site has never been down once. The control panel is out of this world..safe mode off, and all the graphice modules installed like imagemagic.. The live support solved any initial domain transfer problems right away.

Top marks from me. I also recently recommended them to a friend, who is very happy

lsrytlee
  • 2003/11/18 21:11

• lsrytlee

• Just popping in

Jack, thx. for your advice! And I've visited to CBlue's websites hosting at Onsmart.net. and found it is smooth enough from HK. thx a lot!

And as you known it there any daily limitation set on the number of email sending? One more easy question is the 40 GB Data Transfer should be monthly, right? I found they haven't mentioned in their web!

Finally, Thx. for your help again!

rshannon
  • 2003/11/18 21:40

• rshannon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/4 2

I recently moved to SpeedyPuppy. Even though this is a small operation, it is located in a good co-lo site (Wilshire in LA) and has good service/price ratio. I particularly liked unlimited MySQL db's, unlimited domains, no contracts, and the h-Sphere control panel, not to mention SSH, multiple FTP logins, among many other features. Service and performance have been very good.

I would also recommend a hosting site I used previously, Site5.Com. I left for reasons unrelated to their features or service, which were excellent.

CBlue

Quote:

lsrytlee wrote:
Jack, thx. for your advice! And I've visited to CBlue's websites hosting at Onsmart.net. and found it is smooth enough from HK. thx a lot!

And as you known it there any daily limitation set on the number of email sending? One more easy question is the 40 GB Data Transfer should be monthly, right? I found they haven't mentioned in their web!

Finally, Thx. for your help again!

I'll answer...the 40gb data transfer is monthly and I use their hotlink protection to save me from excessive bandwidth usage. I use only about 10 to 20gb data transfer now because I use that nice feature of protecting my pics from remote linking.

The only limit you have on email accounts is the space you give to each account for storage purposes. You can set any amount you want for each email account you create.

I use their unlimited subdomains and their unlimited MySQL databases to run not only XOOPS but other programs that require php and mysql.

For me, onsmart.net is the best choice for a webhost because you get so much for such a low price and their tech support has been excellent for me. I have used them for errors I created myself when first learning how to work with mysql. They fixed my problems for me instead of telling me I had to do it.

chrisz
  • 2003/11/19 0:57

• chrisz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/9 1

I recently switched to Just Hosting.http://www.just-hosting.com

They are the greatest I have ever been with. I've never had a host that was as fast as they are. Setup was immediate and the speeds are outstanding!!!

Good luck!
Christopher Zeman

CBlue

Quote:

chrisz wrote:
I recently switched to Just Hosting.http://www.just-hosting.com

They are the greatest I have ever been with. I've never had a host that was as fast as they are. Setup was immediate and the speeds are outstanding!!!

Good luck!
Christopher Zeman

Just looked at Just Hosting and they offer great package deals too, chrisz.

lsrytlee
  • 2003/11/19 16:22

• lsrytlee

• Just popping in

I've asked Onsmart.net about the daily limit on sending mail! They told me that max. 1000 per hour. And I like the online chating with their supporting staff, I get this answer within 5 min.!

Quick response!

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits