davidl2
Re: New releases of modules Bender removing peoples work???
  • 2006/9/28 9:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Just to confirm what Bender said... the news item was not deleted, it was put on "hold".

aph3x
  • 2006/9/28 10:03

• aph3x

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2004/12/26

I agree with McNaz

The way I see it all normal user submisions are a privilege not a right and even if one who helps a lot in forums or other section of a site finds himself at one point with a published article and later on that particular article gets deleted one shouldn't take it personal and it shouldn't make the person want not to post anymore.
Every comunity either online or in real life can't have its members have the same opinion on different subjects all the time.
(like the forums have the locked topic with the rules of the forum...i don't see why the news section shouldn't have a "condition of submiting news" text on the page...i think threads like this will be avoided in the future).

Thats my personal opinion anyway (that doesn't mean it's right one )
Everything I'm not made me everything I am
The Themes

Herko
  • 2006/9/28 11:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I'm here to post my support for the work Bender, Jensclass, Davidl2, bluenova and some others are putting in to keep this community alive and kicking. They're the ones who actually stepped up to do the dirty work, and yes, some of it really is dirty work.

I challenge each and every one of you to manage an active and international community such as this one: monitor and moderate the forums for spammers, bad language, unwanted behaviour, review all news submissions, ripe and green mixed all together, monitor download and link submissions, edit FAQ posts and requetsts, and still find the time, energy and decency to do as much as humanly possile to provide kind and friendly help and support for each and every one.

I thought so. No takers eh? Yeah.

Now, I am appalled to read that people jump to the worse kind of conclusions, read only what they feel supports those conclusions, and then have the nerve to generalise and label this whole community as dictatorship. I've seen less friendly desriptions before, but even so, if Bender is a dictator, what does that make you?? Think about that.

A disgusted herko

BAH!

wizanda
  • 2006/9/28 11:52

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok sorry for the outburst, it is just I spent ages on the Go module....and a while on znake...
It even taught me how to fold up a whole XOOPS site; which I was planning to discuss this morning...
Then to wake and find someone replied on comment, I went to see and it said it had gone I was shocked...
So forgive me if I appeared rude just concerned, as indeed I am personally fearful now of posting up new things and have been for a few months.
Not so much from community where some peoples are unsure; yet more on the grounds of moderators at some points to go no not here or you did that wrong.
Sorry is all I can say and agreed your helping people is greatly appreciated and in no ways mean to distract from it.

Yet how can anyone keep up with where to post and what they allowed to do under this new democracy, if we still are one?
You see at the time of asking for moderators and helpers I was taking care of my now disabled 83 year old granddad, full time and had no way of dedicating the time; though I wanted to.
Now I have been back since January and putting in a lot of work even core w3c check, yet when ever I have posted I have been shot down.
Now I wrote to phppp asking to help ect, yet I just feel I am treated as a joke and don't know why?
Then when I do help; I get told to shut up or post removed, it hurts that is all, if you had spent the time to ask me maybe I would have explained...
The worse is I am sitting with a dell-optiplex server meant for maybe a chat communication system for XOOPS or something like this was thinking…then maybe an iframe every Xooper member could have, yet then I was told again to shut up...
So server just sits here and I just shut up?

Will_H
  • 2006/9/28 12:37

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I think I can empathize with Wizanda here.

@ Wizanda, It is hard to offer up your help and be ignored. I have offered for years and was blatantly disregarded each and every time. I guess the best thing to do is just dredge on. Do what you do, you have made some great contributions.

In regards to the news situation... I am not sure that this was a very fair decision. If topics like "New downloads at..." and "I changed the background color of the default theme" can make the news, why cant this.

limecity
  • 2006/9/28 13:37

• limecity

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/7/6 0

hie wizanda. do calm down and please don't feel discourage in any way. i think its just some communication problem and misunderstanding. xoops.org is a understanding community.

ok. I got a question for whoever it may concern.
why was the module news approved in the first place if it wasn't mean to show up on the front page?

I thought the process was like:
submit - review - hold/reject/approved
http://www.mounthiking.com
all your hiking gears and gadgets

davidl2
  • 2006/9/28 14:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

That was probably my #OOPS# up.

As was probably the other stuff that was previously mentioned.

I'll quit from the news team if you're not happy with me.

Will_H
  • 2006/9/28 14:05

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
I'll quit from the news team if you're not happy with me.

f that.

I think everyone knows that there is always gonna be someone that is unhappy with something. You and the rest of the mods are doing a ridiculously great job.

wizanda
  • 2006/9/28 14:08

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Help you didnt make mistake you are cool and we love you!

Don't think you made my mistake; thinking i spent a few days making XOOPS modules and really they were just garbage no one is intrested in...

davidl2
  • 2006/9/28 14:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

I - and others - appreciate your efforts Wizanda.

Don't think we dont.

Please remember.. your news item wasn't deleted... it was "un-released" - so the mods will probably try and decide something later on this.

This is one of the reasons I hate being a moderator. When things go ok, few people appreciate it - as they don't see your efforts.

When theres any problem - people seem to start taking sides and getting all upset.

It just takes a bit of discussion and most issues can get sorted....

... BT (British Telecom) used to use the slogan "It's good to talk" ... (mind you, as it made them lots of money... i'm not surprised ) - but sadly people don't discuss things out properly at times

PS: The snake game was quite good.. but the background game me a headache

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits