jdseymour
Re: block contents dont show after upgrade

Are you using a cloned template set? If so is that template also included there? Any template list listed with red numbers?

Try deleting and regenerating system_block_dummy.html in your cloned template set if any. Also make sure no cache is enabled on any of the custom blocks until you get them to work.

twipsy20
  • 2005/8/29 10:00

• twipsy20

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/11

i am using the default template and there is no delete function

jdseymour

Well, my only other suggestion is to re upload the files. Perhaps some corruption is preventing it from working.

twipsy20
  • 2005/8/29 10:21

• twipsy20

• Just popping in

i have reoupöoaoaded the files and still i have the same problem can i Pm you my login ppassword to check?

twipsy20
  • 2005/8/29 19:27

• twipsy20

• Just popping in

i can stiil not get my custom block content show

Alebon72
  • 2005/9/2 11:02

• Alebon72

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/18

I've the same problem after system module upgrade. Have you solved anyway?

Can you help me?

Thanks,
Alessandro

nghia
  • 2005/9/3 3:09

• nghia

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/23

Dear all,
I hav exactly the same problem when I upgrade from XOOPS 2.09 to XOOPS 2.013. No content in the custom blok!!!
The error:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file D:\hshome\acc257\ria1.org\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1084
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file D:\hshome\acc257\ria1.org\class\smarty\Smarty.class.php line 1084

Any one can help?

Thank you very much

twipsy20
  • 2005/9/5 15:27

• twipsy20

• Just popping in

i have not been able to get the problem solved so my customs blocks still show empty even though i have content in them. no one to help?

zemez_man
  • 2005/9/6 3:37

• zemez_man

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/6 3

ohh thats really a big problem , i hope it can be solve

Chappy
  • 2005/9/6 4:50

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Quote:

twipsy20 wrote:
Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
For your code are you using <a href> or [URL= type links. Have you tried changing the display mode when editing the block. Have you tried HTML and the auto format modes?

Check your templates to make sure system_dummy.html is included and generated.

I have tried all modes and the problem cant be resolved

in the templates , i found the system_block_dummy.html

and it written underneath "Dummy template for custom blocks or blocks without templates" and another system_dummy.html written underneath "Dummy template file for holding non-template contents. This should not be edited." no where to generate them i can see only view and download

Several thoughts which may be worth nothing:

1) Are you sure you have the permissions set for all to view (or access) this block?

2) You need to clone the default template set, then update the system module (system admin->modules), set the cloned template set as the one you will use, then generate the file you want - the dummy template. I beleive the reason you can't generate some of these templates is because you need to clone the default one, select the clone, and then generate the dummies. Reread what jdseymour said Quote:
Try deleting and regenerating system_block_dummy.html in your cloned template set if any. Also make sure no cache is enabled on any of the custom blocks until you get them to work.

3) Delete the files in templates_c
(note I did not say delete templates_c)!

4) Make sure and set the Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? to update in system admin->system admin->preferences. Don't leave it like that once you've fixed it.

5) Make sure your files aren't corrupted. I read in one thread that someone had a corrupted dummy file and it prevented the block from showing.

That's all I can think of. Here's some additional reading you might find applicable: https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35151&forum=20&post_id=152487#forumpost152487
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=490
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37670&start=0
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=35994&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=10
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits