TCMTCM
Re: Problems with headlines & RSS
  • 2005/6/14 21:15

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/4 1

I have updated DSGaming to XOOPS 2.0.92 to no success with either XMLine or xhld0. Anyone else know what could be the problem? Maybe there is a setting on the site that is restricting it from receiving my RSS feed, as it has worked on sites such as the above demo page.

~TCMTCM

phppp
  • 2005/6/14 23:10

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

TCMTCM wrote:
Thank you. I will try XMLine and post my results. Funnily enough, I could only find it at XOOPS China.

Both your RSS feeds work with XMLine
http://xoopsforge.com/modules/xmline/item.php?digest_id=34
http://xoopsforge.com/modules/xmline/item.php?digest_id=35

Do you have a test link?

TCMTCM
  • 2005/6/15 0:47

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/4 1

I tried xhld again and it gave me a reddish hue around the RevoGaming RSS feed as well as the DSGaming one I tried. There is currently XMLine installed at DSGaming with the problem I have described; I have left the block on the right side to illustrate this. It can be seen at the below link:

DSGaming example

~TCMTCM

Jharis
  • 2005/6/22 4:12

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

TCMTCM,

I think we had simular problems. I contacted my host provider (bluehost) today. I was told they restrict ports for those using a shared IPS. I paid for a static IP which allowed for unlimited ports. After that I started receiving rss feeds. He reminded me that rss feeds do eat bandwith. I suggest you call your host and ask. I Hope this helps you.

It might be good to put a reminder for people to check with their host provider to make sure they allow for rss feeds. Maybe a note could be posted inside the rss feeder module?

don (el paso)

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits