JMorris
Re: Call for additional heads (and hands)
  • 2005/5/9 3:30

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Outstanding! This is definately a step in the right direction. I applaud you Scalpa and Mithrandir in your decision to invite others into the core. I truly hope that your invetation will be answered positively. The three developers mentioned would make a fantastic addition to the core.

May this day mark a new chapter in the epic that is XOOPS.

phppp
  • 2005/5/9 3:34

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

skalpa, I am glad to make my contribution, as always.
Although I don't think it necessary for the "new" developers to take some tasks right now, but I am ready there.

Suggestion to the Management Team, such (not this specific one) important news should be anounced as anouncement or published as news, shouldn't they? So that it could: 1 let more ppl be infomed; 2 make XOOPS management professional; 3 perhaps more.

Another suggestion to management team: like skalps' post, should there be a proposal or anouncement about how XOOPS will be managed and who are going to be invloved? Perhaps it has been worked on as I ever read from some threads (not official news) that "news team", "communication team" ... have been kicked-off.

brash
  • 2005/5/9 3:43

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I have a sneeking feeling phppp this will make it into the WOX due out shortly .

Jharis
  • 2005/5/9 4:15

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Great news guys! I can't wait to see where things go from here. Keep up the good work.

don (el paso)

Herko
  • 2005/5/9 5:14

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

phppp wrote:
Suggestion to the Management Team, such (not this specific one) important news should be anounced as anouncement or published as news, shouldn't they? So that it could: 1 let more ppl be infomed; 2 make XOOPS management professional; 3 perhaps more.

Another suggestion to management team: like skalps' post, should there be a proposal or anouncement about how XOOPS will be managed and who are going to be invloved? Perhaps it has been worked on as I ever read from some threads (not official news) that "news team", "communication team" ... have been kicked-off.

News is being worked on, we wouldn't want to announce these people joining when youhadn't told us you would, yet

As for organisation, that's exactly what I'm preparing now. Hope to post it this week (very very busy with work and preparing my wedding).

XOOPS 2.2 roadmap will be posted here tonight.

Good to see you on board

Herko

pegasus00321

Very very good news!
Maybe we'll end beating Mambo if this keeps up, lol

brash
  • 2005/5/9 6:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I don't think beating mambo is what we are aiming for, rather we're just wanting to realise XOOPS to its maximum potential. If this were to move XOOPS ahead of mambo in the popularity stakes in the process, then I suppose that is good too.

Marco
  • 2005/5/9 7:11

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

Quote:

[i do also hope predator and liquid can one day be back...]

Me too, really.

Hope we will be able to bring XOOPS better, all working together :
- com / marketing team
- themes team
- core devs team
- mod devs team
- documentation team
- end users
- QA team

without forgetting past (and past people, which explains why we are here), with imagination (to bring new ideas, and new skills) and strong communication / interaction

I will personaly be pleased to help more than today in the last activity (QA)

marco (QA team member)

skalpa
  • 2005/5/9 8:16

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

First, I'd like to thank everybody for the support you're showing. It's really warmimg me up after having felt so bad during two days. I want to promise you again we'll do our best to go in the right direction, and ensure everybody is recognized, whatever his contribution is.

Quote:
skalpa, I am glad to make my contribution, as always.
Although I don't think it necessary for the "new" developers to take some tasks right now, but I am ready there.

Thanks a lot. I don't think we should assign tasks either, it's not the point. It's first about giving you CVS access so you can apply the bug fixes you made or have by yourself, without having to wait for us. This is how we all started. You'll also become a privilieged collaborator who we trust, and can ask about some of the problems we encounter.

Quote:
I don't think beating mambo is what we are aiming for, rather we're just wanting to realise XOOPS to its maximum potential

That means beating up mambo m8 LOL
More seriously, mambo is certainly not what we're aiming at. For sure, having good designers and prices would be nice, but IMO mambo is reproducing what XOOPS did a few years ago. In some time, they'll get a big monster that makes nice things but is a pain to maintain and debug. I'm more interested by things like Typo3 (except for the fact it is over-complex and cannot be easily understood by normal humans, which is the opposite of what we're trying), or ezPublish (Xoops and ez will soon be the 2 only PHP CMS I know of that generate their own classes, except I've pushed this quite further than them and have been building several features of our system on this idea).

skalpa.>
PS: I only have the "features list" to finish before the Xoopshere roadmap is ready (I though it would be necessary to detail this part more, after reading a few recent comments here. So it may not be coming tonight, but it's a matter of days too).

giba
  • 2005/5/9 11:59

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

@Mith and @skalpa - Good look members developers with Marcan, Hervet an phppp

All developers of 1st scalon
I have outher member for too indication developer Core XOOPS
But go to new version XOOPS for this.

Congratulations Marcan, Hervet and phppp

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits