Bassman
Re: How To Use XOOPS??
  • 2005/1/14 8:10

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

OK, calm down. You're not making it easy to answer your questions.
First of all:
1) You have PHP and MySQL installed on your computer?
2) You have completed the installation process?

If you have, you have to have your browser pointing to
http://localhost/html/ (assuming you installed it into the /html folder). Not pointed at mainfile.php. If you've installed correctly, you should see your site there.

jdseymour

Nobody is scolding anyone. This is an open source community and as such some research as to basic usage questions is up to you.

Now as for some of your previous questions. Mainfile.php is not the target file to see the content of your site. Mainfile.php is like XOOPS brain, it holds the site settings and should be made unwritable after installation.

In my signature you will see a link to a document called Xoops for Dummies don't let the name fool you it is an excellent document to start learning Xoops.

Also under the news items at the top of the page is one titled Xoops Tutorials, these tutorials use flash to show you some procedures to working with the website.

But check out Xoops for Dummies the Faq here on Xoops.org. and most of your questions should be answered.

I Hope this Helps.

rowdie
  • 2005/1/14 8:19

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

You could also start by reading the manuals.

Installation guide

Operation guide

Visual introduction to Xoops

kbkhoo5053
  • 2005/1/14 8:21

• kbkhoo5053

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/13

So disappointed wiv the webmaster's attitude like that especially limecity..

Herko
  • 2005/1/14 8:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

umm.. I told you most of this in another thread as well, and by e-mail you asked for support (no, for solutions) too.

XOOPS has a learning curve and requires you to have at least some degree of understanding of how the internet, websites and contenet management works. That's just a fact. Also, I suspect that the local support site (chinese? taiwanese?) may provide a more efficient support for you. Check the Local Support sites list and see if your local support site is there.

Herko

kbkhoo5053
  • 2005/1/14 8:43

• kbkhoo5053

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/13

U mean I am not comprehend English at all??? I am degree holder in computer area.. Wen say sth should think first..

m0nty
  • 2005/1/14 9:10

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

jeez man.. just read the documentation and check the links provided..

if u have a degree then surely you can understand what's been said and should know how to visit a website :S

Herko
  • 2005/1/14 9:37

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

kbkhoo5053 wrote:
U mean I am not comprehend English at all??? I am degree holder in computer area.. Wen say sth should think first..

Where did I say you don't comprehend english at all? If you read the replies to your requests, you'll notice people are having trouble understanding them (including myself). The local support sites are meant to provide support in your own language, making ti easier to communicate what it is you want and need.

As for having a degree in computer science, congratulations. But from someone with that level of education I would expect some more understanding on how the system might work, and the principles of setting up a website. But maybe I'm just wrong there, so don't worry about it.

So, I have thought first much more then you can probably comprehend, as I have a LOT more experience in helping people in this community. Your case is rare, I admit. Now, this is a community support site, so we expect you to help yourself as much as we can help you.

Herko

carnuke
  • 2005/1/14 9:38

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I'm amazed to read this thread... talk about "bite the hand that feeds you...!"
kbkhoo5053 if you can post some constructive comments about the way we present help information, I will be happy to try and improve things.

Good luck with your XOOPS project, we wish you well

PHPhurts
  • 2005/1/16 12:24

• PHPhurts

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/28

The guy is jerking your chain. Nobody could be that pitiful without trying real hard.

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits