nOOBert
Re: xphpBBi Requests? (phpBB port to XOOPS)
  • 2005/1/6 19:55

• nOOBert

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/4 2

Hi, Love the mod. Besides a few things not yet implamented the mod is great. One suggestion I have to fix the tracking of users aka the last log-in time. I have my site set to remember users so they dont have to log-in every time they visit the site and this cause issues with the "Posts since last visit" link and the icons next to witch topics are new or not.

I hacked xphpbbi to fixs this. I used the code from newBB2.0 that tracks last visit and put it into xphpbbi. Everywhere it refered to the old user_lastvisit, I change to refer to the hack'ed code. For the most part it has work. The only thing that doesnt work is the bigger icons when viewing the sections of the forum like those found on the index page.

Other comments: The adding of quick reply would kick butt.

I noticed your sites are down. Just wondering/worried if you are continueing Dev. on this mod seeing on how phpBB > * IMHO . anyways keep up the good work and thank you

nOOB
http://www.noob-strike.net (examples of xphpbbi on the site)

funkyphenix
  • 2005/1/21 2:08

• funkyphenix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/21

hello hello. First, i would like to apologize for my english (since I'am french).

Congratulations for the work you'are doing by porting the excellent phpbb to XOOPS ! For the moment, I'am using the bbpixel files... and i'am really interested by your module since it doesn't affect XOOPS core files !

I have a question (which is also a request) ! I don't know if you heard about the phpBB mod called CASH MOD ? It's a really great mod that allowed you to give credit/points or whatever to your member. I searched during a long time and didn't find such a equivalent module in the XOOPS world !

So do you think that it's possible to adapt this 'CASH MOD" to the your XphpBBI ? It will be great cause all the xoops's module i've seen (there is a one called USERPOINTS) aren't as powerfull as CASH MOD for phpBB... !

Anyway great job ! and please let me know if my request is possible !

bright
a thread view
  • 2005/1/21 5:30

• bright

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/29

Hi,
Could you please add a topics thread view to your mod ?
Thanks

Following is a link for reference:

http://www.mobythreads.com/forums/index.php

dillywilly7

Omg i have wanted a phpbb forum fr my site for a long time now finding that no1 had a version that works for XOOPS tryed bbpixels and version 8.0 of your phpxbbi but neither worked this would be great if you could get more themes to work!
using xoops2_mod_xphpbbi_v08_beta_december04_bdcsmc I get errors about the index page not being found i modifed the index.php to change the root directory but then i get errors about common.php not being found. I chekced the cvs i havent seen any updates in 6 weeks. ANY IDEAS?!?!

dillywilly7

WOW no1 every replys on these forums not much support

GSake
  • 2005/1/22 20:32

• GSake

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/30

be patient my friend.

Are you sure you implemented the right modifications?

check out the dev site carefully.

The have some fixes there that do the whole work...

Hopefully one of the devs will manage to answer to you.

bwoods01
  • 2005/1/22 23:22

• bwoods01

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/18

dillywilly7,
I was having the same problem as you. They talk about it here:https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1906&com_mode=flat&com_order=0&start=10 . If XOOPS isn't installed in the root you get the "This page cannot be found" error when you click on any of the links that are on the board.

dillywilly7

Hmm but has anybody found a way to fix it, and is the guy still working on this project, might jjst give up on this cause newbb2 came out today

kapeman
  • 2005/7/5 19:51

• kapeman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/3 1

I am looking very forward to this module's completion.

I can't access the dev links that are posted.

Where can I download this mod?

Thanks

m0nty
  • 2005/7/5 19:59

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you can't unless some1 has it, but it's a dead project as far as i'm aware, so it's doubtful will ever be completed.

Login

Who's Online

217 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 217

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits