Stewdio
Re: StrikeHosting.com
  • 2004/6/9 17:16

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Good luck on the new venture, we all sincerely hope everything works out well for you. I am sure that clients that use your services are making an informed decision and will be pleased with what you offer. We all have different needs for different services from different companies for what ever reason only the end user can truly answer and say for sure.

Thank you for sparring us the details of your former hosting relationships, as this would not be the appropriate place to air ones dirty laundry as it were. We now understand that there was a relationship with another host, and we also respect your views and experiences. I respect your restraint and professionalism in keeping such details within your organisation.

I would however like to say that there is no real need for you or Strike Hosting in general to feel that you need to defend your reputation or explain why you do your particular business a certain way in this community. It is obvious to many that you are starting out and we can plainly see that many of your services are in development and soon to come in one way or another.

It is not our place to argue or judge a book by it's cover or a service by it's website and we at XOOPS welcome your clients to be users within our community with open arms.

Good Luck to you and yours!

Mithrandir

Quote:
It is not our place to argue or judge a book by it's cover or a service by it's website and we at XOOPS welcome your clients to be users within our community with open arms.

I beg to differ
When a post like this encourages to give feedback, the author should be prepared to receive it

It was not meant as an attack, but I gave my impression of the site, which is the only area of contact I have had with this hosting company.

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/9 20:03

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I agree to some extent, but the original poster was a potentail client and not the service provider.

There were other less obvious reasons why I made my post.

Mithrandir wrote:
Quote:

I beg to differ
When a post like this encourages to give feedback, the author should be prepared to receive it

It was not meant as an attack, but I gave my impression of the site, which is the only area of contact I have had with this hosting company.

Trafix
  • 2004/6/9 21:36

• Trafix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 1

I didnt take this as an attack I just though I should clear it up a little bit to get a better understanding of why things were the way they were. Also, I just got done talking with the owner of Strike and he mentioned that he didnt really have any experience in having a business so I was more than willing to help him. Anyways, thanks for the input and comments .

danMAN
  • 2004/6/12 2:16

• danMAN

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/13

Informative comments. I don't actually pay that much attention to webpage design when I look at a host, but at what they have to offer; and the quality of support, as others have said, is very important. I have learned long ago that unusually cheap prices don't usually mean a good service, lost too much time with cheapies. I usually bookmark the host and return a couple of months later to check on them and their community fora to see if they improved or remained constant. I wish Strik Hosting the best of luck, also to you Trafix, though when I checked on your website it said that it has been suspended bu Strike Hosting ???
Peace, and may your host smile upon you :)

supernix
  • 2004/6/12 2:43

• supernix

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/3/13

LOL I know as best I could tell by talking to Trafix he said he was not using the same host as StrikeHosting. But then found out he was on the same server and has since been suspended because of his comments. Confusing for sure.

Since Trafix boasted about being the brains of the outfit of sorts Travis decided to clip his wings and terminate their arrangement.

Regardless I still am getting great service from StrikeHosting. They even updated their Scripta Auto installer and it has even more scripts to install.

Looks like Trafix would have known that StrikeHosting would respond the way they did after reading what he posted.

tl
  • 2004/6/12 2:47

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Steve,
Good luck to you and hope everything works out best for you and StrikeHosting.

SmartAss
  • 2004/6/24 6:15

• SmartAss

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/11

Strike Hosting has just re-opened with a whole new layout! We took your advice and decided to upgrade to something more flashy.. Best of all, Strike Hosting is now offering a 10% discount to all new users for the next week! Just use coupon code "xoops" when ordering.

I also want to clear up the situation with "trafix." He was at one point a client of ours, until he decided to attack us for no reason whatsoever. His post is completely unfounded. We no longer have any relation with him or his company.

Anyways...

The layout has been changed drastically. So, what does everyong think of it? :)

Mithrandir

NOW we are talking.

Still impossible to see whether it is a 2-man "garage company" or a company with 100+ employees, but at least now you have a professional look on your site.

I'm really impressed with the looks - the only few things I will mention (sorry, my B.Sc. in Technical Marketing shows its ugly head ) are

a. Do not write about what is NOT on the site (forum + ticket system) surprise your customers and visitors, when it IS in place, but do not tell them about what your competitors provide Makes it look like you are just starting up and do not have everything planned, which is NOT a signal you want to send as a hosting provider

b. Page titles are missing

[edit]
(c. You are not using XOOPS )
[/edit]

intel352
  • 2004/6/24 13:54

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

i'm impressed with the site appearance as well, if you wouldn't mind private messaging me to let me know where you bought the template or hired the designer, i'd like to get a design from the same author/artist. it's excellent

you might want to run all the text on your site through a spellchecker, i noticed at one point you used the word 'upin' when you meant upon (i'm assuming)

anyways, looking great. you need a bit more on the site, make it look more active (whether via forums or whatnot). the more active a hosting site looks, the more i get interested (whether filled with tons of hosting deals, or news, or whatever. it's good to see that it's not a put-it-up-and-leave-it type of site)

Login

Who's Online

189 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 189

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits