Herko
[Need help!] Presenting XOOPS at the PHP Spring Conference
  • 2005/4/15 9:02

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

On may 3 and 4 the XOOPS project will be present in the Open Source Area at the 2005 edition of PHP's Spring Conference. We want to show the people there what we have in store for them. So I want to ask your help in the (ultra fast) creation of some promotion material!

I'd like:
Promo CD with XSAS, core, modules and sample content;
Factsheet
Slideshow

So, who will help in creating these??

Herko

jdseymour
Re: [Need help!] Presenting XOOPS at the PHP Spring Conference

Hi Herko,

I will see what I can come up with. Would any of the tutorials on my site help. Click my signature to view.

Herko
  • 2005/4/15 11:56

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

yep JD, they would indeed! The visitors we hand these CDs out to are not familiar with XOOPS, and I'd like them to know what they can do with it.

Herko

jdseymour

Let me know what you need, and how to submit then.

Mikhail
  • 2005/4/15 14:15

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Promo CD with XSAS, core, modules and sample content;

Hi, Herko

well... I would like to help, building a "special version" of "xsas" (but with my own code), developed especially for this event. / and this = total freedom of choice of interface, trademarks inclusions, new links, functions, etc...

just a idea, ok?

forte abraço a todos,

Mikhail

Herko
  • 2005/4/15 15:00

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Mikhail, that would be great! The main language is English, will that be a problem?

Herko

Mikhail
  • 2005/4/15 16:28

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
Mikhail, that would be great! The main language is English, will that be a problem?

Herko

COOL, Herko! And no problem about the English, all the text will be revised. Moreover: I could (re)create the entire interface, but I think that it will be much better if any professional designer available in the XOOPS community do it this job. I'm talk about simple images of backgrounds, buttons states, etc, with sources in psd or png formats (not matter),…. Ah! And the versions of apache, php, mysql, etc… AND.... what new features *can* be included…….. [directionz, plz!]

Forte abraço!

Mikhail

Herko
  • 2005/4/15 16:45

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

ok, I agree there, lets ask a designer to create the interface. Anyone up for this job?? It needs to be clear and clean, easy on the eyes. I have some ideas, but don't want to stem any creative thinking

Mikhail, it needs to be ready at the end of next week so we can burn the CD's in time.

It's main purpose is to introduce people to XOOPS. When seeing this, it should invite people into our community as much as possible. So, nothing too big or too fancy, but it should show the power of XOOPS for a couple of different purposes.

The base is the server:
Apache 2
PHP 4.3.10(11?)
Zend (?) (or an open source solution)
MySQL 4.something.

Doesn't really matter, as long as it is stable.

XOOPS 2.0.10 core (if ready)
Modules are pre-installed. Perhaps we can set up a couple of module-packs, so the user can select a predefined configuration at startup? I think that would mean a separate install for each purpose.
I'm thinking about 3-5 packs:
- news portal (articles, downloads, links, etc.)
- development portal (using the forge modules if possible!)
- corporate community (xhelp, smartfaq, news, etc)
- game site (roster, server info, etc.)
- personal blog

I'm thinking about 5 - 10 modules maximum per pack, and some Lorem Ipsum sample content. Except for the homepage, which will feature an explanation about XOOPS, where to join, download, develop, support, documentation etc.

JD, can I ask you to prepare that last item, the content for the homepages to explain a little about XOOPS, and where to go?

Combined with adding the Intrduction to XOOPS documentation, we'd have a very good intro CD!

Anyone else have any comments on these ideas??

Herko

m0nty
  • 2005/4/15 17:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i could possibly write an article maybe from a non coders perspective as i'm not a coder and know nothing of php practically, but i could possibly write something to show that you don't have to be a programmer to use XOOPS or even modify to your needs.. just common sense and a bit of logic here and there..

after all, it's not exactly php i'm learning as such, it's more of that i'm getting familiar with XOOPS coding and functions etc.. that can go along way for a beginner..

Herko
  • 2005/4/15 21:55

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

M0nty, yes please

Herko

Login

Who's Online

190 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 190

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits