melkahdor
Interesting : another CMS benchmark with xoops
  • 2004/7/30 15:43

• melkahdor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/5/31

Hi all,

I find an article on phpkitchen talking about a benchmark for 6 CMS written in php ( Mambo - XOOPS - Drupal - e107 - Post-Nuke - Xaraya )
have a look here : the benchmark at mambo CMS support forum
phpkitchen's news

synistar
Re: Interesting : another CMS benchmark with xoops
  • 2004/7/30 20:30

• synistar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/19

It is an interesting benchmark although it is not very rigorous. The author himself says that:

"I want to stress again that this is how they perform on my system under the conditions I generated. These numbers do not mean anything outside of this benchmark"

My main issue with the benchmark is that nowhere does he mention how each page on each server was constructed. Unless he used pages that were designed to be as similar as possible (same number of graphic elements, same number of dynamically included elements, etc.) the test would not really compare apples to apples. If he used the default themes for each server (which seems likely to me) that introduces a lot of random variables into his tests.

intel352
  • 2004/7/30 21:24

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

but i doubt it would make a tremendous difference. it would be interesting to see how close the results are, with similar content though, as you're suggesting

something like that would take alot of time to setup, having to create the same type of theme in each cms, use a similar module to post the same content, etc.

so, for what it's worth, it's still a good read

melkahdor
  • 2004/9/30 17:10

• melkahdor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/5/31

it's postfort making something to read. it's not the best test i've seen, but it's the same for all CMS : basic install with basic theme.

Herko
  • 2004/9/30 18:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Not wanting to be a spoilsport here, but this is the 3rd or 4th thread on this test I've seen here We're doing ok, but XOOPS wasn't finetuned a bit (no cache used for example). So in reality, we're even better then they think we are

Herko

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits