Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/7/30 15:43
melkahdor
melkahdor (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2002/5/31

Interesting : another CMS benchmark with xoops

Hi all,

I find an article on phpkitchen talking about a benchmark for 6 CMS written in php ( Mambo - XOOPS - Drupal - e107 - Post-Nuke - Xaraya )
have a look here : the benchmark at mambo CMS support forum
phpkitchen's news

synistar

Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/7/30 20:30
synistar
synistar (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2004/7/19

Re: Interesting : another CMS benchmark with xoops

It is an interesting benchmark although it is not very rigorous. The author himself says that:

"I want to stress again that this is how they perform on my system under the conditions I generated. These numbers do not mean anything outside of this benchmark"

My main issue with the benchmark is that nowhere does he mention how each page on each server was constructed. Unless he used pages that were designed to be as similar as possible (same number of graphic elements, same number of dynamically included elements, etc.) the test would not really compare apples to apples. If he used the default themes for each server (which seems likely to me) that introduces a lot of random variables into his tests.

intel352

Module Developer
Posted on: 2004/7/30 21:24
intel352
intel352 (Show more)
Module Developer
Since: 2003/11/23

but i doubt it would make a tremendous difference. it would be interesting to see how close the results are, with similar content though, as you're suggesting

something like that would take alot of time to setup, having to create the same type of theme in each cms, use a similar module to post the same content, etc.

so, for what it's worth, it's still a good read

melkahdor

Just popping in
Posted on: 2004/9/30 17:10
melkahdor
melkahdor (Show more)
Just popping in
Since: 2002/5/31

it's postfort making something to read. it's not the best test i've seen, but it's the same for all CMS : basic install with basic theme.

Herko

XOOPS is my life!
Posted on: 2004/9/30 18:13
Herko
Herko (Show more)
XOOPS is my life!
Since: 2002/2/4 1

Not wanting to be a spoilsport here, but this is the 3rd or 4th thread on this test I've seen here We're doing ok, but XOOPS wasn't finetuned a bit (no cache used for example). So in reality, we're even better then they think we are

Herko