anlace
Adding Users - Importing to Database
  • 2004/7/28 18:33

• anlace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Greetings,

I have an old MS Access database that I'm working with to import into a new XOOPS web site. There are approx 100 users that are accessing the database on another server at this time and I would like to be able to set all of them up in the new MySQL database by importing a csv file as I have all the other info so far.

Is this possible with encripted passwords? Or will I need to enter each individually by hand?

Peace,
Gail

Herko
Re: Adding Users - Importing to Database
  • 2004/7/28 18:44

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

MySQLFront is a GUI tool for managing a database that allows CSV file import, but you have to understand that XOOPS uses MD5 hash values as passwords. SO the passwords are stored encrypted (and can't be decrypted). If you can work with that, then it should be no problem.

I'd make a CSV file of a test user table, along with groups and their linking table (user linking to group), and make sure your CSV file matches the structure.

Herko

anlace
  • 2004/7/28 19:02

• anlace

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

Greetings,

Is there any way to make the passwords to be non-encrypted? This is a database of research articles, nothing that needs to be secure since most of it can be found on the web anyway.

I also understand how to make csv files for importing into MySQL and I'm using PHPMyadmin 2.5.6 as supplied by the hosting server. It's not bad once you get to know it

Peace,
Gail

dheltzel
  • 2004/7/28 20:01

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Here is an Access query I wrote to pull out user info and create a SQL file to load into Xoops.

Quote:

SELECT 'INSERT INTO
xoops_users(name,uname,email,url,user_icq,user_from,pass) VALUES (''' &
[Mailmast].[FN] & ' ' & [Mailmast].[LN] & ''',''' &
LEFT([Mailmast].[FN],1) & [Mailmast].[LN] & ''',''' & [Mailmast].[Email
Address] & ''',''' & [Mailmast].[Web Page] & ''',''' & [Mailmast].[Key] &
''',''' & [Mailmast].[Addr1] & ' ' & [Mailmast].[Addr2] & ',' &
[Mailmast].[City] & ', ' & [Mailmast].[St] & ' ' & [Mailmast].[Zip] & ' '
& [Mailmast].[Prov] & ' ' & [Mailmast].[Country] & ''', md5(''' &
[Mailmast].[Password] & '''));' AS xoops_sql
FROM Mailmast;

You will need to adapt this to the table structure you are using in Access. It does handle the password encryption correctly. It does not put the new users into any groups, you will need to use the group admin to do that after the import is complete (put them into "registered" at least).

Dennis

Login

Who's Online

116 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 116

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits