tedsmith
Re: Module Needed to Create a Form to Accept User Inputted Data
  • 2004/7/5 17:15

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I agree. I think a core module that allows a webmaster to create forms of many kinds to suit the specific needs is superb. I hope one day someone can do it (please let me know if they do!!).

In the meantime I will use the MyAlbum module and customise it a little as necessary, as suggested in the post b4 last. Hopefully that will be OK.

Really though I wanted a professional sleak area for registering a lost or found dog, and another are for searching the lost and found dog cateories.

Anyway, who knows. Perhaps now we should close the thread? We can speculate for hours!

DobePhat
  • 2004/7/19 5:24

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Quote:
Really though I wanted a professional sleak area for registering a lost or found dog, and another are for searching the lost and found dog cateories.

_Sorry if this was already mentioned.
BUT, have you tried the My Ads module?
That classified module...seems like you can modify it for just that...

Just a suggestion

mrgym
  • 2004/7/19 22:49

• mrgym

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/26

I think what tedsmith and I are thinking of is

INPUT FORMS
- define text, dropdown, integer, floating, fields.
- Limit the input by either 1 entry per day, or look for duplicates.
- Each form should have an enter another option. ( If I have a form asking for information about people attending an event, I should be able to enter multiple people)

REPORTS.
At the very least, display CSV output. Additional outputs could be display of each input, summaries, etc. Or, another module developer could create this capability.

Liaise does most of these things, but does not allow me to enter arrays of forms, and does not do any reports. On the positive side, Liaise is very intuitive, and I think the emblem is very creative!

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits