damon
Theme for wedding
  • 2004/1/22 23:57

• damon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/15

I am looking for a theme that would be suitable for a wedding website. My wife to be is on me a bit about it so I don't have time to learn how to design themes. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,
damon

Stewdio
Re: Theme for wedding
  • 2004/1/23 0:24

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Without going the trouble of designing a theme, you can use a pre-existing one and edit it how you choose. This would be the fastest way.

You can change the CSS so you get the colors you want (go with the same color as the bridal party, good brownie points ) and also use the css to add a faded background image such as bells with bows or something to that effect.

I can't wait to see what you come up with

damon
  • 2004/3/29 21:55

• damon

• Just popping in

In the end, I decided to go with springtime . It's colorful enough and not as feminine as I would expect any wedding theme to turn out :)

You can take a look at DamonAndAllison.com.

damon

phanoko
  • 2004/7/15 22:55

• phanoko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/22

I really like your site. What did you use for it? I'm planning on doing something like for my wedding in Jan.
What modules did you use?
Any tips??

Panos
  • 2004/7/16 1:19

• Panos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/3/20

I really like the choice of the "springtime" theme for your site and of course approve its use Ackbarr really did some fine work there!

Also, all the best to you guys! May you live happily, love and care for each other for the rest of your lives

damon
  • 2004/9/4 14:21

• damon

• Just popping in

Ages later, I am getting around to logging back in and checking messages. My apologies for the delayed response.

I used tiny content for the Our Wedding! section. I did the html pages under by hand and uploaded them. Since then, TinyContent-Duplicatable has come out and I used that for some items you can't see unless logged in. I would highly recommend using this module.

I used Agenda-X for the minical function. Played around with the actual calendar pages, but didn't care for the interface and output that much. I should probably disable the view one of these days

Nagra was used for the guestbook. I had a few issues with this as I couldn't figure out how to change the 'bad' english concerning the number of messages. There was some feedback that people had trouble posting. I wasn't able to duplicate the problem and they eventually posted.

I will hopefully be posting some wedding and honeymoon (Reykjavik, London, Prague) soon. Not sure yet if I will use a XOOPS module (having some path troubles) or may do slideshows using dhtml scripting in tinycontent-dup pages.

The contact us is from the XOOPS base install. If you have any questions, fill that in and I will respond much quicker.

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits