NFLITE
Another Blank Page Problem
  • 2004/7/14 18:16

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

Ok I posted this in a different forum and it might have been in the wrong place so I figured I'd try here too. Before you ask, I've read the WIki a hundred times and have searched and read every other blank page post I could find. I apologize if I am too stupid or too much of a noob but this problem is pissing me off.

The follwoing is what my first post said:

I have read enough postings about the whole blank page issue that I want to pull my hair out. I have tried everything at least twice that are in said postings. I read the Wiki and tried what it said but still no good.

Do you have PHP? Version. -- php 4.3.7
Do you have SQL? Version. -- MySQL 4.0.20a
Apache/ISS/Other? Version. -- IIS 5.0
Xoops? Version. -- XOOPS 2.0.7

Do you have a DB, with correct name and pass. -- i can connect to MySQL as the root user and as a non-root user.

Register Globals, on/off? -- tried on and off.

Xoops URL? -- Intranet website.
Xoops Path? -- E:\Webcontent\Xoops

Can you see install.php? -- yes and it installed fine.

Can you see index.php? -- blank, so no

OS - W2K Server and WXP

I know PHP amd MySQL are working because I can run all the test files and see that PHP is working correctly. I also have other php MySQL sites running on this server.

After turning on the debugging I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in E:\mydirectory\myfolder\html\include\common.php on line 284

So I removed the } and after that the page still loads blank. If I try to go directly to the admin.php I get a an error saying I'm not logged in and the page reloads blank. I can't get to any other page.

Xoops is running on a W2K Server with IIS. I have 6 other websites running on this server so I know the server is not funky. I've re-downloaded the core files and reinstalled Xoops, MySql, and PHP a few different times all from different download locations. I have not added anything other than the core files, so no themes, add-ons, etc.

As far as I can tell there are no extra lines, spaces, whitespace after the ?> on the mainfile.php or common.php.

I have the same type of build on a WXP laptop that I use to test first before uploading to the server and I can see everything fine. I have MySQL exactly setup on the laptop as I do with the server to insure a common installation.

I am completely stumped. Is there anyone out there that can please help me, point in the right direction, or provide me with a gun to shoot this webserver?

I forgot to add, the installation went off without a hitch. ALl the tables were installed and everything "looks" fine. It's just when I click on "View your Site" is when it loads blank.

romieangel
Re: Another Blank Page Problem
  • 2004/7/14 18:24

• romieangel

• Just popping in

I am sorry to hear that = (
I had same problem when I was running XOOPS on my W2KP IIS Server. So I installed Apache server, and it's working fine now. I still can't figure out what was wrong, but now it works so I don't really try looking for the problem. Try installing apache.

p.s. by the way what does
Quote:
Xoops URL? -- Intranet website.

contain? localhost? cuz that might be problem, your virtual path. (is it localhost?)

NFLITE
  • 2004/7/14 18:40

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

Sorry, I thought it was asking for thehttp://www..... address. I was jsut stating that is an intranet website not a Internet site. I created a virtual site that likes to the folder where the content is. I added the DNS entry on the server and am using a host header name of "Test" atm. The problem is since we are a Microsoft Shop, I can't run Apache. I tried it b4 and got into a little hot water. I want to use XOOPS for our company wide Intranet just becasue of the ease of administration and the simplistic interface. This way if I am gone, any admin can add/delete/etc content without me being here. And we don't have to have 50 licenses of Macromedia Studio.

I use XOOPS for my outside websites and I love it. I was just hoping I could incorporate the same technology at work to prove a point that you don't have to spend thousands of dollars on complicated web solutions.

Maybe I'll get lucky yet.

romieangel
  • 2004/7/15 13:31

• romieangel

• Just popping in

XOOPS is known to have couple minor problems with IIS server, e.g. forum module. I am currently using XOOPS for intra and internet solutions and it's working great. I am sorry that I can't help u much. maybe i'll try installing IIS again.. hehe.. I wish u the best..

Herko
  • 2004/7/15 13:42

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

try asking at www.iis-resources.com since that is a XOOPS powered site...

Herko

NFLITE
  • 2004/7/19 21:27

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

I posted on that site too but so far no luck. WHen I first installed XOOPS I did it like all my other sites. Put it into the data drive folder and created a virtual directory blah blah blah.

Well I went back and decided to give it a shot so I installed it under the inetpub/wwwroot/xoops with all the same permissions and once again the installation went off without a hitch but when I clicked on "Go to Your Site" and bingo, another friggin blank screen.

I really really hate to say this but what would you recommend for another CMS? Obviously XOOPS will not work on my webserver. I heard PHPNuke sux so any other ideas?

This really blows because I really like Xoops. Oh well.

phppp
  • 2004/7/19 22:09

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

NFLITE wrote:
After turning on the debugging I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in E:\mydirectory\myfolder\html\include\common.php on line 284

So I removed the } and after that the page still loads blank. If I try to go directly to the admin.php I get a an error saying I'm not logged in and the page reloads blank. I can't get to any other page.

oh NFLITE, you can not do this!
Is the original common.php? isn't it corrupted?

sure, there are some problems with xoops2.07+windows+[not only IIS], most caused by HTTP_REFERER

NFLITE
  • 2004/7/20 6:42

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

I changed it back after it didn't work. I also reinstalled XOOPS again into a different directory but still the same. Is it a version problem with XOOPS 2.7? If I install a older version do you think it will help?

Any ideas or clues are greatly appreciated. I REALLY don't want to use anything else other than XOOPS so I'll try ANYTHING.

Thanks.

phppp
  • 2004/7/20 10:58

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

there are some users asking such problems at our site and we are still debugging it.
one user said he had no problem if changing back to 2.06, You could try it.

NFLITE
  • 2004/7/20 15:54

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

I'll try 2.6 then. I have nothing to loose. Thanks.

****UPDATE****

Son of a.... I installed 2.0.6 and everything works. This is unfrigginbelievable. It must be 2.0.7 because .6 came right up after the install.

Thanks for the help everyone. I guess I am gonna have to stick with .6 until we figure out what is up with .7.

Oh well, at least I get to use Xoops. hehe

Thanks again.

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits