Herko
Re: pulldown navigation menu
  • 2002/3/16 10:36

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

kside wrote:
By the way, do you know whats up with the sites of Thomas Brattli? Seems to be unupdated since autumn last year.

tryhttp://coolmenus.dhtmlcentral.com, that has been updated feb 5th...

-Herko

<small>[ Edited by HerkoCoomans on 2002/3/16 11:37:19 ]</small>

kside
  • 2002/3/16 13:28

• kside

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/18

Thank you Herko,
i was just to slow/blind, right after having posted the question, i found the same information.
Next time i try to be more wise...
ks

[quote]
HerkoCoomans wrote:

tryhttp://coolmenus.dhtmlcentral.com, that has been updated feb 5th...

-Herko

Gamut
  • 2003/10/5 11:33

• Gamut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/5 1

Has anyone developed, or is anyone developing, an integrated dynamically generated navigation module for XOOPS which enables a choice between standard sidebar block menu and hozizontal pulldown menus? An additional element would be the capacity to dynamically include menu and sub-menu heirarchy based on permissions.

I was searching the XOOPS forum for information on integrated dynamic, heirarchical pulldown menus for navigation. I see that there was a lot of discussion in the threads "Pulldown Navigation Menu" and "Horizontal DHTML Menu Issues" around March 2002.

Herko made some strong points about separating informational blocks from navigational blocks. w4z004 stated that "we are experimenting with phplayers" then the thread basically died out. I am not sure if w4z004's "we" was the XOOPS core team or just referring to himself in the first person plural.

I have looked at iMenu and MultiMenu block modules, which have some degree of integration with XOOPS, but both still fall short of an ideal comprehensive navigation management solution to the question I posed in my first paragraph above.

Question to w4z004: What was the end result of the experimentation?

Question to Herko: Did you ever get a satisfactory resolution to your investigations in this area?

Question to wider XOOPS community: Has anyone developed a module or solution to this XOOPS navigation challenge?

If there is enough interest generated I will list this as a requested module for development at the XOOPS Module Development site. I personally think it would be a major enhancement of XOOPS's solid foundation as a CMS.

Herko
  • 2003/10/5 13:21

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

This thread was posted a long time ago, way before I was part of the XOOPS Core Team, and when w4z004 was still an active member. Back even in the days before XOOPS 2. Now, with Smarty templates and theming, a lot more is possible.
This function is still high on the wish list, and will be added to the XOOPS 2.1 roadmap, if I have anything to say over this (wait a minute, I actualy do! ). Dropping this at the XOOPS Module Development site will do you no good at the moment, not much happening there.
However, why not use an existing dmtml script, the main menu block code and create a new module (like iMunu did) that adds an alternative menu, not as a block, but as a theme integrated smarty variable? Then you could put it anywhere you want...

Just my 2 cents

Herko

Gamut
  • 2003/10/5 13:34

• Gamut

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/1/5 1

Herko,

Thanks for the prompt reply to my queries. I will follow up on your suggestion and see if I can get something working for my development site.

Thanks fot the 2 cents mate!

bellamy
  • 2004/7/9 4:45

• bellamy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/6 6

I'd like to have this feature.

romieangel
  • 2004/7/15 3:13

• romieangel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

Try Visiting here. This can be the greatest menu added to XOOPS

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits