brian100
WebGUI--what's the downside?
  • 2004/7/13 20:26

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

Xoops is working for me on two sites. Really well. As someone who is a stronger "content generator" than web designer--I have to say XOOPS is a wonderful tool.

My progress has been from HTML to Frontpage to PostNuke to Xoops. I would go back to any of the methods except for a website dependent on "Frontpage extension" ("Frontpage entrapments and limitations" would be a better name). . But I've got to admit I did like wysiwyg.

I can't imagine abandoning XOOPS for one of my websites (local college sports related) but now WebGUI has caught my eye for a more personal project.

They do a great job of selling the plus side of their package--I'm wondering if anyone here can testify to the downside or problems with WebGUI?
Brian

dheltzel
Re: WebGUI--what's the downside?
  • 2004/7/13 20:32

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Try to install it. There's a reason they can charge for help with the install. I never got any further than that. I built a site on their demo system and played a bit, but if it's too hard for me to install, it's not gonna get much traction in the FOSS world. They are targeting WebGUI for commercial sites that are willing (expecting even) to pay for support.

I'm a refugeee from several other CMS systems and I finally landed here. It's gonna take a lot to dislodge me again, I'm tired of learning new CMS programs.

Dennis

Login

Who's Online

78 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 78

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits