talunceford
Problem with 2.0.7.... I think.....

Heya guys and gals,

I just switched my server over to linux, and am having a tad bit of trouble getting the mail portion of it to work. I am getting this error when I access the mail setup portion of the admin section.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 43 bytes) in /wwwroot/public/www/www.tswn.com/xoops2/html/kernel/object.php on line 175

Any clues on what this means? I had PHP debugging turned on and it generated this error.

phppp
Re: Problem with 2.0.7.... I think.....
  • 2004/7/13 14:47

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

how many users do you have?

Mithrandir

A guess would be that the memory is exhausted

Seriously, it can have many causes. You are just trying to set e.g. the email addy to use for sending emails etc. right? You are not actually sending emails?

Are you on a shared host? Is your site extremely busy? that kind of thing...

talunceford

Yep, the memory was exhausted. I upped the amount that php could use and it worked fine. Thanks fellas for the suggestions. I found the prob before I saw that you had posted, anyway, thanks again!

Mithrandir

If this continues without apparent reasons, let us know. Of course with more people on the site, the resources needed rise, but it should not come from out of the blue and hog resources like a madman.

GL with your site.

Login

Who's Online

501 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 501

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits