fredski
Ooopppss
  • 2004/7/6 13:58

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

Spoke to soon

As I was going through my site, smiling that it was now looking as I wanted and could concentrate getting my content on there when I noticed that the theme style didnt go through all my modules, GGGrrrrrr. My OsCommerce module makes the background to my left and right blocks white, the headers on the blocks are fine. Take a look here Now what can be causing this??

Hey Speed, don't back away like that

Speed
Re: Ooopppss
  • 2004/7/6 14:47

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

The refresh thing is what drives me crazy the most with these theme changes. It seems that due to caching I can't be 100% sure my changes took effect and did what I thought they should. I think that turning on template/theme updating in the preferences is the correct way to flush the cache for this but I'm not positive.

And not so fast there! Me first!

I added "Your Account" to my menu with the goal of having all the pertinent things in the tab menu so I can drop the side menus. If I choose "Your Account" from the tabs, then the tab menu disappears when the accounts page loads. Since the tab menu is my only navigation I'm going to have to figure out how to modify the accounts template I think....

So it seems we have two more things to fix up then. It's a good thing no new games are out!

This is sort of like a Keystone Cops film. The blind leading the blind.... Hopefully we are keeping everyone else reading this entertained through our learning process.

fredski
  • 2004/7/6 15:29

• fredski

• Quite a regular

I will have a look at that speed.

New games out, hmmm, Well Americas Army has recently released it's latest update. thats what else fills my time

fredski
  • 2004/7/8 9:12

• fredski

• Quite a regular

About that account thing speed, if you check my theme you have login and create account above the tabs, once logged in it changes to welcome username and view account next to it. I could drop my login/user box and use that if needed, but I shall look deeper into getting user functions in the Tabs

fredski
  • 2004/7/8 10:53

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Ok Speed Tyr something like this in your tabs
Tab NameView Account
Parent
: .home
Link
user.php
Condition
$dirname=="" && $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]=="user.php"

Tab NameEdit Account
Parent
Link
edituser.php
Condition
$dirname=="" && $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]=="edituser.php" 

Tab NameNotifications
Parent
Link
notifications.php
Condition
$dirname=="" && $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]=="notifications.php"

Tab NameView Messages
Parent
Link
viewpmsg.php
Condition
$dirname=="" && $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]=="viewpmsg.php"

Tab NameLogout
Parent
Link
user.php?op=logout
Condition
$dirname=="" && $_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]=="user.php?op=logout"

Then go to 'admin' 'blocks' and untick display the block 'user'

Have a look at my site for an example, the only problem is I don't think the tab will highlight when you get a private message... Guests will have a login block but Create an account and you will notice there is no User Block when logged in, just the user features on the home tab

Speed
  • 2004/7/8 14:15

• Speed

• Quite a regular

Ahhh, the lack of highlighting isn't good. It cuts out the inbox notification which is really a nice feature of Xoops. More to play with to work around it. Maybe a custom block that shows notifications. :)

Thanks for the code examples. I was using the $dirname of the directory of the module. More examples really helps to give me alternate ideas. Not being familiar with php or how XOOPS does things internally makes for a significant learning curve. But I think that's half the fun for me.

Hectic week at work but I'll squeeze in some XOOPS play time somehow.

fredski
PM Notification
  • 2004/7/10 11:14

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Im sure there is some XOOPS Guru on here that can solve that problem.

Errr hello any guru's around??????? :)

Another thing that would be good with the tabs would be the ability to add an small image next to the text. but my current project is putting the login boxes at the top of my theme rather than in a side block.

Speed
Re: PM Notification
  • 2004/7/10 16:21

• Speed

• Quite a regular

Or to replace the text with an image for the tabs....

fredski
Re: PM Notification
  • 2004/7/12 9:19

• fredski

• Quite a regular

Ok Speed, heres my table that I have between my header and my content. It allows you to get rid of the Login Block, so now you dont have to have any left or right blocks at all, just use this table coupled with the user features in the Tabs

<table width="100%" valign="middle" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<
tr>

<
td width="190" class="headerprvi">

<
form style="margin-top: 1px; margin-bottom: 0px" action="<{$xoops_url}>/search.php" method="post">
            &
nbsp;Search Site&nbsp
            <
input class="button" type="text" name="query" size="10" />

<
input type="hidden" name="action" value="results" />

<
input name="submit" type="submit" class="gumb" value="Go" />

</
form>

</
td>

<
td><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<
tr

<
td> <{if $xoops_isuser}>&nbsp;&nbsp;Welcome Back&nbsp;<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php"><{$xoops_uname}></a
                <{else}>
<
form action="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php" method="post">
                  <
span class="navtext">Name: </span
                  <
input type="text" name="uname" class="navinput" size="12" />
                  <
span class="navtext"Pass: </span 
                  <
input type="password" name="pass" class="navinput" size="12" />
                  <
input type="hidden" name="xoops_redirect" value="<{$xoops_url}>/index.php" />
                  <
input type="hidden" name="op" value="login" />
                  <
input name="submit2" type="submit" class="button" value="Login" />
                  &
nbsp;<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/user.php#lost">Lost Password?</a
                  | <
a href="<{$xoops_url}>/register.php">Register!</a>
</
form>
           <{/if}></
td>

<
td width="24%" align="right" class="vrijeme"><span id="clock"></span> <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript" src="<{$xoops_imageurl}>images/clock.js">

</
script>
                &
nbsp;</td>

</
tr>

</
table></td>

</
tr>

</
table>

Fits ok on 800x600, only thing I dont like is that when not logged in theres tiny bit of extra white space below the login boxes, I'm sure you can sort that :)

I like the idea of replacing a tab with an image when theres mail but I thing the easier option would be to get do a custom block that only shown if you have mail. I'm saying easy but I'm not sure where to start on that one lol
I'm sure we'll get this theme how we both want it if it kills us heheh

I've still got to figure out why my OsCommerce module overides my stylesheet settings for my theme when in the OsCommerce module pages ???????

t_soph
Re: ucberkeley_liquid theme problems 800 x 600
  • 2004/9/5 2:25

• t_soph

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/5 1

Hi, This is not a berkly or xoop problem, it's common in any "liquid design" when you have fixed width side divs and a floating center div. If you have fixed or minimum values set for the center content div(s) and float them left/right, then if the total width of the floats is greater than the width of the center coulumn, you will get the effect you are talking about. (even on a static page). It's worse on IE because IE's float border bug doubles the width of one boarder.

There are hacks to fix this and other IE css problems on the various css sites.

There was a comment about no clear left. Your clear both is ok you don't need to specificaly clear the left col.

When you run into layout problems, the easiest way to solve them is to create a static html page with dummy boxes for content. Get that displaying ok then transfer the setup back to your template.

Soph

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits