jctsup1
Activation Email - Bulk mail?
  • 2004/6/25 6:30

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Whenever someone using the hotmail or yahoo mail service registers, the email is delivered but dumped into the bulk mail folder. Anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening?

Thanks

vinit
Re: Activation Email - Bulk mail?
  • 2004/6/26 7:58

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

posiblities are there that your domain is marked in the spamers list, thus its sending it to bulk folder, adivise your members to click on "not spam" if they see you mail bulk folder, other than that if its an html based mail the chances are to high to get dumped in bulk mail box

jctsup1
  • 2004/7/9 2:20

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Thanks man but that isn't the case ---- I am not on any spammers list nor does my activation email contain html.

koertzen
  • 2004/7/10 10:07

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

This can occasionally happen when you are using an email account that appears to be non-user account or generated via phpmail or other non-email account service (keep in mind that the headers of an email note the name of the service/program that generated the email).

Is your email address something like support@, webmaster@ or admin@ yoursite.com? These will often get dumped into the bulk mail bin.

There are several solutions. One, of course, is to have your users use a REAL email address!

I, personally, would put a warning up on the site that tells people about the problem (trust me, most are ALREADY aware of the issue) and tell them to check their bulk mail folders.

Best of luck! Would love to hear if you end up working this one out!

jeremyalyea
  • 2004/7/12 1:34

• jeremyalyea

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/11

Koertzen hit the nail on the head. I was having this problem. I changed the from address to something other than webmaster@ and I no longer have a problem. Thanks koertzen!

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits