m0nty
Re: Change the displayed layout of the Download Module
  • 2004/7/7 18:25

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

nope.. soz, it was a straight out the box install as to speak..

i made all the template changes afterwards for the colours etc..

the only exception to my case was i didn't have mydownloads installed..

incidentally have u been to template manager in XOOPS admin, and generated the templates for it after install? not needed on the default XOOPS set, but if u have a different theme installed u need to generate the templates for that theme..

have u got a link to ur site, so we can take a quick look, to see if there's anything in the source we could find that maybe differnt?

(i see ur in Notts, i'm only just up the m1 from you a lil place called chesterfield) lol

Bender
  • 2004/7/7 18:43

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:
m0nty wrote:(i see ur in Notts, i'm only just up the m1 from you a lil place called chesterfield) lol

So maybe you could offer him an on-site-support contract

No really:

Just installed 2.0.6 locally and the 2.03 version of wf-downloads and can´t reproduce this.

Also by activating the old downloads module it won´t break.

So maybe you could handout a login to take a look like monty suggested (possibly by pm) or provide a screenshot for download?

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/7 19:21

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Here is the link to my own personnal site. The WFmodule is called 'Lost-Doggies Downloads from the menu. I've made it availavble for anaonymous viewers and siabled everything else.

http://www.lost-doggies.com/modules/wfdownloads/

Please remember that the same problem has happened on both systems, but the other one is a work Intranet and not connected to the Internet, but it has the same errors.

No, I did not build the templates for the theme which is alightFC. I tried to do what you said, but it asked for a tar file which I don't have (running Windows not Linux). All it had listed was the XOOPS default theme. Perhpas this is the problem? But if it is, how come both of you just unpacked it and it worked?

I actually live in Derby - so closer to you than Nottingham! I just work there.

Thanks guys.

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/7 21:08

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
Here is the link to my own personnal site. The WFmodule is called 'Lost-Doggies Downloads from the menu. I've made it availavble for anaonymous viewers and siabled everything else.

http://www.lost-doggies.com/modules/wfdownloads/

Please remember that the same problem has happened on both systems, but the other one is a work Intranet and not connected to the Internet, but it has the same errors.

No, I did not build the templates for the theme which is alightFC. I tried to do what you said, but it asked for a tar file which I don't have (running Windows not Linux). All it had listed was the XOOPS default theme. Perhpas this is the problem? But if it is, how come both of you just unpacked it and it worked?

I actually live in Derby - so closer to you than Nottingham! I just work there.

Thanks guys.

Hi Ted Smith,

Your templates have been updated correctly and there is nothing wrong with them. There is however a small bug that is causing those numbers at the top of the screen.

Download this file unzip and copy over the original /Modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php. This should fix that issue.

Now, the structure of displaying the categories can easily be removed for the templates or modified to suit your own taste. That is why we developers should separate the presentation from the code, giving you webmasters the flexibility of modifying the templates without breaking the script totally.

The next release? This should have been today but I wanted to spend more time bug testing and making sure the code worked properly. You will not be waiting days, weeks or even months for the next version, I do promise that.

Liquid

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/7 21:44

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Hi guys

Well liquid, I copied your file to my module folder, and guess what...it appears ot have worked!! Not only has it sorted out the number appearing at the top of the page, but also the font resizing and things. Great job.

I just hope it works on my work Intranet - I'll try it out as soon as I get in tomorrow. If it doesn't I'll come back to this posting.

Liquid : If possible, can you put me on a mailing list to be notified when the newer release is done (tedsmith28@yahoo.co.uk) in case I forget. No worries if you can't.

Thanks again for all your help guys.

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/8 7:58

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Nope - no go.

Its resolved the font issue and the numbers at the top, but all the catergories are chunks of text like the XOOPS default module. I want it to sit like nice little nexted groups.

If I try to change this myself, which file do I need to open in a web editor, as implied by Liquids posting earlier? If its one of the template files, which one? I assume its the wfdownloads_viewcat.html file?

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/8 12:11

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

To quote Monty above ...

"incidentally have u been to template manager in XOOPS admin, and generated the templates for it after install? not needed on the default XOOPS set, but if u have a different theme installed u need to generate the templates for that theme.."

Does anyone know how I do that? Does anyone know hopw I manually change the layout of the catergories of this module?

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/8 14:00

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Please...can someone just tell me how to change the way that my dowload catergories are listed using the wfdownloads module.

I just want nice nested groups in a tree like fashion. Perhaps someone could give me a link to the their version of the appropriate file so that I can just overwrite mine with it?

m0nty
  • 2004/7/8 14:28

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

there is a slight bug in the module, the fix liquid gave u the other day just fixes the issue with the random numbers and the font..

the new release due out any day now will have these fixes in, so your category's should be listed as u want then..

the template files are in the templates folder.. like what u posted

wfdownloads_viewcat.html etc

you can edit templates from XOOPS by going to admin, then clicking on System module and selecting templates.. then select the template set for the module you want to edit.. and then edit it from there..

tedsmith
  • 2004/7/8 14:49

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

That's cool - but how did you get yours to list correctly? If I remember rightly yours are all nicely nested?

If it is a genuine bug then I can wait a day or two. Will Liquid (the wfDownloads site guy) post on this forum when it's released do you think?

With regard to editing the template set...unfortuantely the one for wfDownloads is not listed in the place you specify. All I have listed in there is the default XOOPS templates. I can't add it either, because I don't have a tar.gz or tar file and I can't create one because I use Windows, not Linux. You see my problem?

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits