lajab
Everything you never wanted to know about Xoops and shouldn't have asked
  • 2004/7/5 16:26

• lajab

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/3 1

Hello all,
I am one of the quieter members of the XOOPS community that has been dragged into the middle something I didn't want to be a part of. I wanted to share this with you all because bascially I feel slighted. I have asked for an apology and never received one. Not one that didn't blame me for the wrong that was done to me. All of this drama simply because of who I know.

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/forum/forum.php?thread_id=289&forum_id=23&post_id=456

L

lajab
Re: Everything you never wanted to know about Xoops and shouldn't have asked
  • 2004/7/5 16:29

• lajab

• Just popping in

Perhaps I'll just switch to Mamba...

JillianM
  • 2004/7/5 16:46

• JillianM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/5 1

I'm brand spanking new and hope i don't get banned for this but...perhaps an apology IS in order.
You contacted a woman you didn't know and expected...? That's kind of like going up to a woman on the street at night and saying hey can you help me, my car is broken down up the road...oh yeah and nice panties. But can you help me?
You may not have meant anything by it but it's all in HOW you do something.

Anyway good luck with that.

lajab
  • 2004/7/5 16:53

• lajab

• Just popping in

And don't get offended because I mentioned your panties..yep that's about right.

m0nty
  • 2004/7/5 17:06

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i don't think it's right for any of us to comment really and pass judgement on a subject that we don't know the ins and outs of.

i think everything has escalated out of proportion and mistakes/miscommunication or whatever has happened..

before it gets to the stage where people decide to take sides or whatever, this needs to stop.. All this arguing in public etc is not doing the XOOPS community any good at all, we all accept that opinions differ, arguments do happen.. i lost count with the amt of arguments i've had with my 2nd admin on my site..

we're all adults here, so please can every1 sort their differences out, accept that things were handled wrongly and could have been better handled and then put it in the back burner and move on.. every1 can work together, and i don't see why this stiull can't happen, even with wfsections and the dev.xoops team.. this incident shouldn't deter any of you from working together in future.. but all this arguing isn't doing any1 any good at all..

Dave_L
  • 2004/7/5 17:10

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Quote:
That's kind of like going up to a woman on the street at night and saying hey can you help me, my car is broken down up the road...oh yeah and nice panties.

This isn't quite the same thing, is it?

I don't see anything unreasonable about asking an administrator of a web site for assistance in contacting another member of that site.

tjnemez
  • 2004/7/5 17:18

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

yeah, to make that observation i suppose the woman would have to be standing on the street in her panties, anyway... i am with dave_l on this one.

tl
  • 2004/7/5 17:20

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

As m0nty suggested, please and please keep this private and sort it out that way. It will only degrade everyone involved.

[edit] please stop taking sides and it does not make you any experts since you don't have the whole story.[/edit]

JillianM
  • 2004/7/5 17:30

• JillianM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/5 1

I guess this is a guy thing because I would take offense to someone asking me something they could ask the person themselves. And honestly if it were you and someone you didn't know contact you and say, "I deserve to find so and so tell me where they are oh and i have access to your site so I can mess it up if you don't tell me," You'd feel threatened. And the whole special relationship thing looks to me like he WAS just trying to contact that guy by any means necessary. Sorry but I'm NOT with Dave on this one. I used the panties analogy because to me that's what it sounded like. You came to ask someone for help and then threatened them in the process.
If you meant to do it or not, I agree a simple I'm sorry without the whole un necessary explanation is in order.

Are there any women here anyway? I know guys thing differently than women so, I know walking up to a woman and saying nice panties probably would be something a man wouldn't find offensive..unless it's an ugly woman, who's attention they don't want, lol.
I'm definitely not downloading this software. Thanks but no thanks. Next thing I know, someone will be threatening to hijack MY site, when I get one.
And to whoever said that this isn't doing the community any good, you're right. So seems to me like a community leader would apologize and rightly to shut her up. And the rest of them wouldn't keep telling her she's wrong for feeling wronged. Another anology: If a woman feels sexually harassed even when the man may not have meant it that way, is she wrong for saying she feels she is?
Sticky situation, but still something a simple apology can fix.
Not a woman friendly environment here at all it seems. Oh well on to other software. Can someon recommend any?

tjnemez
  • 2004/7/5 17:30

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

monty and tl are right, i was just responding to the silly post re the pant... please disregard my post.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits