phppp
Re: Replacing Banners Area with Custome Design
  • 2004/7/3 11:13

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
I need to put it back to its original state, I think by downloading the theme again and installing it, but if I do that will my forum get overwritten? I think it will.

Themes do not affect your forum content.

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
If anyone has the heart to reply then thanks - but I think I'm best giving this up as a bad job!

It shouldn't so complex. You are perhaps missing something.
Which theme are you intended to use?

tedsmith
Re: Replacing Banners Area with Custome Design
  • 2004/7/3 11:41

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Ok, I've changed the theme back to the default one. I clicked on the missing picture to look at the path, and it said it was www.lost-doggies.com/modules/BBphp - i.e. the path of the forum module.

I thought 'well that's odd', so changed by first screen back from forum which I had set it to, to the default screen and chanhed the path agagin. This time the path to the missing file was just www.lost-doggies.com. In other words, it was changing where it was looking for the file depending on how I'd got my modules etc set up and where in the site I was looking. When I copied the file to the root of my site, and refreshed the display, it appeared. It would stay there for all of the links whose files site in the root (so View Account, Edit Account etc) but as soon as I click on a module link, like the forum, it dissapears again.

So clearly I am missing something. I thought that the graphic would be called from where ever it is originally called from? How do I tell XOOPS to use one file for the logo all the time? I did it originally I think but can't remeber how and can't find the setting now. Maybe once I've corrected that I can go back and carry on trying to get this top title graphic working in place of the banners!!

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits