Anonymous
What keeps your members HOOKED?
  • 2004/7/2 5:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

If you were to chose one part of your site that keeps users of your website coming back time after time, what would it be?

eq

Speed
Re: What keeps your members HOOKED?
  • 2004/7/2 5:24

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Forums. It's the center of our community.

Anonymous
  • 2004/7/2 5:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yes same here, most of my bandwidth is taken up by my forums, I have recently installed two new sections to my site, we will see how they take, I have gotten good feedback so far.

MadFish
  • 2004/7/2 5:45

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

For us its free e-books (about fish farming so don't get too excited :) We're trying to get the forum side of things running well, but so far we aren't getting much disucssion.

Can anyone comment on how many members (ballpark) it takes to start a self-maintaining stream of 'conversations' ? Hundreds ? Thousands ? I know it depends on topic and other things, but would love to hear other people's experiences in setting up a community.

brash
  • 2004/7/2 5:59

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

For us over at www.iis-resources.com it takes around 100+ active members to keep a constant stream of threads going. As you said though, it depends on the topics. Most of our users are looking to ansers to specific questions and aren't really there just to chat.

Anonymous
  • 2004/7/2 7:00

• Anonymous

• Since:

100? wow...well on my site, I have about 10-15 regs. who keep the forums running smoothly see for yourself www.problacks.com ...I mean you would think I have 100,000 members the way they eat up my bandwidth. For my site only being about a month old, I can say it doesnt take alot to get the forums moving. just patience.

eq

Anonymous
  • 2004/7/2 7:03

• Anonymous

• Since:

brash I didnt know you could put poll results in a block....see i learn something new everyday!

nice site BTW!

EQ

MadFish
  • 2004/7/2 7:27

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

eq_image, thanks that's intersting. I've got about 350 members but they are largely inactive. I think I can get a lot more with a 'recruitment drive'...maybe enough to start the ball rolling.

Nice site by the way

Anonymous
  • 2004/7/2 8:07

• Anonymous

• Since:

Yes im still in my "recruitment stage" thank you for the comps on my site, I am literally about to fall asleep on this keyboard I am so tired. I am trying to get this last linked banner up and running and im falling so fast alseep. with 350 people. you should be able to start a forum with no probs. here is the key, which I did, and im sure alot of others have. YOU PLAY ACTOR for couple of weeks. sign up about 7-10 (not al at once) and just have convos with yourself, convos that you feel others will WANT to participate in. once you get the ball rolling..you can retire your alter egos ......

eq

Login

Who's Online

122 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 122

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits