alyussiu
A banner "linked" to a module?
  • 2004/6/30 20:03

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/9 9

Hi ^_^.

I'd like to use the XOOPS banner system only in one section of my website (ipb, forum), cause I don't want to have a banner at the top in the other sections...

I'd like to know how I can do that, tell XOOPS banner system to show up a banner only if I'm in the forum module?
(When I'm in other sections, I've the banner of my website shown).

Thanks in advance for your reply!

brash
Re: A banner "linked" to a module?
  • 2004/6/30 22:29

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

If you are using the XOOPS banner system you could just insert the $xoops_banner smarty variable into the appropriate template of your forum module. If you didn't want it anywhere else though you'd have to make sure that this smarty variable isn't present anywhere else in your code.

Mithrandir

Perhaps remove the <{$xoops_banner}> from the theme.html and put it in a custom block instead, making the block visible on the pages, you want banners on, only.

alyussiu
  • 2004/7/1 9:43

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for your reply!

I'll try what you said.

Mithrandir, a question, maybe silly... How can I control a block into the "header"? I mean, there is no control in XOOPS admin to do that? And if I put the code of the advertiser instead of XOOPS banner, it'll be displayed on all pages...
Maybe there is a way to control if a block should be visible in one page or other, for the header, if yes, which, please?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Mithrandir

The normal banner is placed in the banner area, which is determined by your theme's theme.html. If you remove this <{$xoops_banner}> code from your theme's theme.html it will not be displayed on any pages.

Then you can put the <{$xoops_banner}> in a custom block, which you can control, where to place (but of course only within the left, right, center, center-left, center-right and center-center limitations) on which module's pages.

(I suddenly get a doubt whether it is possible to just put normal smarty tags in a custom block - can anyone verify that?)

phppp
  • 2004/7/1 10:51

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
(I suddenly get a doubt whether it is possible to just put normal smarty tags in a custom block - can anyone verify that?)

normal smarty tag, do you mean some "global" tags like "<{$xoops_banner}>"? If yes, it depends:
For some of them, such as <{$xoops_url}>, are assigned in class of template, and can be used in any custom block that uses the template class; some of them are assigned in XOOPS ROOT header.php, can be used in any custom that uses template class and has called header.php.

alyussiu
  • 2004/7/1 20:14

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

Yep, Mithrandir, that's what I wanted to say... If I create a block, I won't be able to put it in the "header part"... I think I'll try other thing...

Login

Who's Online

473 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 473

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits