greyson
Installation problem
  • 2004/4/29 5:05

• greyson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

I'm sure this has been covered before in here but I can't find it. I've got the php installed, MySQL installed and database built. I've got iis running and am able to serve a basic webpage over it. So far so good. I've moved the html over to the root directory for the website(in this case its xoops). I've added index.php to my list of executable start pages...I've adjust the permissions to all the folders in that director and the php directory to IUSR_MACHINE. Now when I try to start the actual install of the software I get a message stating that "No input file specified" I'm sure I've missed a step and if anyone can point me back in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
Grey

- I'm just trying to set it up as a local system.

jctsup1
Re: Installation problem
  • 2004/4/29 20:21

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

What version of IIS are you running? Does the IUSR account have modify access to the templates_c & cache directories?

greyson
  • 2004/5/1 0:33

• greyson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/28

IIS v6 and yes the account has full access to both of those directories

StarManOKC
  • 2004/6/9 16:09

• StarManOKC

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 1

I hate to sound like an idiot, but I'm having the same problem.
I'm running Windows Server 2003 on a developement machine.
Using IIS 6.0.
I think i have PHP 4.3.7 and MySQL 4 installed.
I copied the files from the HTML dir to my root; D:\Xoops and all the files are there.
I've told IIS to use index.php as the default document and when i go to my local web in a browser, i get this:
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.

I can get any HTML or ASP web running on this machine, but this one's got me baffled...

jctsup1
  • 2004/6/10 3:52

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

Did u enable php in the web service extensions?

StarManOKC
  • 2004/6/10 13:27

• StarManOKC

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 1

Jeffrey, you're speaking French...
How do i do that? enable PHP in web service extensions...
Also, how do you turn off IIS?

jctsup1
  • 2004/6/10 14:58

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

Ok - IIS 6 basically comes in locked down mode & will only serve up static HTML files. When you have a 3rd party scripting language such as PHP or Perl, you need to create and enable a web service extension.

To do this, you will need to open the Internet Information Services Manager (found in Admin Tools) & double click the Web Service Extensions. Create a new entry for PHP & point it back to whatever you have setup in your script mapping & make sure to enable it. Now, your IIS server will run PHP pages for you

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/24 11:39

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Additional detail if you need it...

Right click your web site listed in the IIS Manager and click properties.

Click 'ISAPI Filters' and click Add. In 'filter name' type 'php' and in the 'executable' field browse for the file php4isapi.dll in the sapi subfolder of the php folder. Click OK.

Clcik the 'Home Directory' tab and click 'Configuration'. On the 'mappings' tab click 'Add'. Again choose php4isapi.dll as the executable and type '.php' in the extension box.
Click OK

Click the 'Documents' tab and click 'add'. Type 'index.php' as the 'Default Document Name' and click OK.

OK to close the Web Site Properties windows and then close the IIS window.

Then go to Administrative Tools from the Start menu and and open 'Services' Scroll down to 'World Wide Web Publishing' service and right click it and choose 'Restart'. Once its done that close it.

That it - you should now have a working php plug in for your IIS service. I got that info from 'Build Your Own Database Driven Website Using PHP and MYSQL' by Kevin Yank. Its been a god while I was setting up XOOPS on our Windows Serv 2003 network with IIS6.

Hope this helps you out - its taken me a week!!

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (172 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits