kiwiguy
work around or hack to send ecards whilst on safe mode!
  • 2004/5/16 14:22

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/19

My site is on safe mode on and I am unable to change it to safe mode off as I am only a subdomain and not even the owner of the server can get it to turn off well the person i get the space from anyway.

My prob is that since its safe mode on i cannot send ecards but worked a way round so i can upload pics to the xcgallery.

anybody got any ideas?

cheers kiwiguy

kiwiguy
Re: work around or hack to send ecards whilst on safe mode!
  • 2004/5/23 1:38

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

I have had 15 views but no replies is this mean nobody has a hack or a way of making xcgallery send ecards whilst in safe mode as I cannot turn safe mode off.

PLEASE HELP

kiwi

darkkael
  • 2004/6/22 1:32

• darkkael

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

i have the same problem, but i'm having safe mode switched off it should be possible to generate a workaround, safe mode apparently prevents all uploads except through FTP, therefor if the FTP username and password and an FTP script were included i think it might work. But i'm just guessing. Let me know if someone comes up with the answer for SAFE MODE

Dave_L
  • 2004/6/22 2:39

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I don't think safe mode prevents uploading, but it may limit uploading to only certain directories. I could be wrong. PHP has a number of safe-mode-related and upload-related configuration parameters that would need to be checked.

I don't know if an FTP script would help, since an FTP client would still be needed at the user's end.

kiwiguy
  • 2004/6/22 3:24

• kiwiguy

• Friend of XOOPS

I have since changed servers which has safe mode turned off now on subdomains and domains. Thanks anyways

Login

Who's Online

227 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 227

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits