upsadaz
How to use xoops sites with Red Hat 9
  • 2004/6/21 20:58

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

I have a server that I would like to use for hosting XOOPS web sites. It's OS is Red Hat 9. I would like to use it to host several web sites. How do I go about doing this? Do I need a admin interface? What so you all recommend for RH9?

Thanks.

ackbarr
Re: How to use xoops sites with Red Hat 9

if this is the first time setting up Apache to 'Virtual Host' (host multiple sites from 1 machine), then I would recommend using one of the several tools to simplify administration

CPanel
Plesk
Ensim
Ababa GUI (Yupapa.com) - Not out yet (soon)

Or if you are budget minded, you can use webmin to manage your server configuration via GUI. If you go this route, plan on spending time on Apache bulliten boards / Google to determine proper configuration.

If you opt for the manual approach, try this site for info: http://www.apachefreaks.com/apache_tutorials.php

Hope this helps

intel352
  • 2004/6/21 23:13

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

hhttp://www.psoft.net << HSphere is a better alternative to CPanel, Plesk, and Ensim. It's also a better investment in the long run, especially since it's so inexpensive.

i'm using it to host a variety of sites, and i've used all 3 of the other hosting panels in the past, but HSphere is the one that i love the most

[EDIT] btw, i when i used cpanel in the past, while cpanel itself was okay, the admin-side of the control panel was horrible, extremely buggy. choose cpanel *last* over the others. [/EDIT]

upsadaz
  • 2004/6/22 12:56

• upsadaz

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/2/26

Thank you for the pointers. I really appreciate the links too.
I'm off to go read them now.

Login

Who's Online

499 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 499

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits