ruggierigm
module to integrate phpgedview into my xoops site
  • 2004/6/19 14:57

• ruggierigm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/19

I already use phpgedview for my Family Tree and have looked all over for a module that would pull it into my XOOPS site. Does this exist already ? Would it take much to put it together ? I know sql and a just a little php but I am not sure how to do this. Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks, Gabriel

dennisb
Re: module to integrate phpgedview into my xoops site
  • 2004/7/20 23:38

• dennisb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/13

I also have plans to set up a family tree site and would like to use XOOPS with a family tree module. I am not a programmer but would support such a project if someone knows how to do it.

Clever
  • 2005/1/14 3:29

• Clever

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/24

I am also stumped... I've spent the better part of two days searching through the modules and hacks to find something that might be altered to suit, but I have to admit - I have very little programming knowledge, even if I found something!!

BrainDead
  • 2005/2/3 23:56

• BrainDead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/14

I am also looking for a module for phpgedview. Their is a project started called myfamily but it has been in planning for over six months. Some one out there should be able to whip this out in a few hours. Your help would be appreciated.

theCat
  • 2005/2/4 8:56

• theCat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/2/2 2

I work since more than one month on modularization of phpgedview. It is a very big work to make a good integration.

For the moment I made the index, list individuals, list families, list places, calendar and family tree (display by template). I still have much work to finish with js, css, gedcom import, right of groups and all the trees. I think that one month or two is still necessary for beta version.

My english is very bad : because of that it's difficult for me to contribute to the myfamily project or to put my work on the module dev forge (and also to post in this forum )

rowdie
  • 2005/2/4 9:35

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

Are you using version 3.3 as your starting point? The two big advantages of that version are;

1 - better online editing features and
2 - the developers are trying to make integration with different cms's much easier.

They would be very happy to hear that you are working on making phpGedView a XOOPS module, and I'm sure they will give you any help you need - they are extremely good at listening to requests and acting on them.

Here's a link to the roadmap for v3.3

Good luck!

skenow
  • 2005/9/11 3:43

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

At the PGV site, there is a download in the patch area that gives a start to integrating this awesome (and free!) genealogy program into Xoops. I have been working with that and the latest release of PGV (3.3.5), and I am about ready to put this out for testing. I have left messages in the dev.xoops project and the pgv site indicating this. I would like to proceed as a part of those groups.

So far, the integration is working quite well on my test servers, but I do have a few things to work out - mostly user authentication using XOOPS instead of the pgv user management. I have not migrated my family web site to Xoops, yet, so there isn't anyplace you will be able to view this, yet. I have been waiting for the pgv module to work before I make the move online. I am currently using pgv on my site for my family trees, but it's not in Xoops, and I haven't updated it to the latest version - knowing I will be making the move to XOOPS shortly.

It sure would be nice to have a test server out there for module testing and reviewing!

script_fu

I would love to see this. I have a test XOOPS site useing the latest XOOPS build @ purewolf.com PM me if you need some space to test also.

skenow
  • 2005/9/19 21:03

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

OK - it's taking a bit longer than I anticipated to get this module worked out; the privacy functions are being quite bothersome! The functions are working when called directly, but not when called from within another function

I have not had any response from the module developers, and the PGV team is pretty quiet on this subject. So, it looks like I'll go ahead on my own.

@script_fu - thanks for the offer! Which version of XOOPS are you using? I'm only working in 2.0.13.1 for now. I'm sure the authentication will be much different for 2.2

script_fu

I can set up a test site if you wish useing 2.0.13.1 just let me know. I would be glad to help you test really...

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits