MagMag
executables in 2.0.7
  • 2004/6/17 14:45

• MagMag

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/15

I just upgraded from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7 and noticed that all new files are marked as executable.

If I do a blanket change and remove the executable bit (chmod -R -x *), then my site no longer works! It worked perfectly fine with no executables in 2.0.6.

I do not like having all theses executables in my web directory, so can anyone tell me which files, specifically, need to be executable?

Thanks

ackbarr
Re: executables in 2.0.7

AFAIK - the only reason you would need the executable bit set for any php script is if php is running as a CGI. If php is running as an ISAPI plugin for IIS or as mod_php in apache, the php scripts only need to be readable by the user each application runs under.

To summarize - no php scripts should need the executable bit set to execute if your web server is running php as a web server plugin.

* Edit - on Linux/Unix apache needs directories to be executable to access their contents, otherwise a 500 error message will be raised.

MagMag
Re: executables in 2.0.7
  • 2004/6/17 17:06

• MagMag

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/15

Agreed, that is why I didn't want any executables in my htdocs directory.

I wasn't aware of the exec directory requirements for apache and hence my blanket removal of the exec bit caused the problem in 2.0.7.

I went and removed the exec bit from only the files and now it works perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Might I suggest that the executable bit be removed from files in the update script in future...

Login

Who's Online

138 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 138

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits