frogger
How the heck do I create one?
  • 2004/6/16 21:26

• frogger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/10

I don't know why XOOPS doesn't have a built-in module maker, because I've continually tied to make a module, but it always farts out with
Module File for Not Found!

I don't think I got rid of a "module file"? if anyone could just zip up a completly simple module, I don't even plan to have any php in it, just going to have some information. Ugh, and how do i get rid of my module off the list?

ARGH!!!

-frogger

Mithrandir
Re: How the heck do I create one?

I assume you have read the Module development kickstart guide and found that without a xoops_version.php in the module's base folder, the module cannot be installed?

dheltzel
  • 2004/6/17 13:57

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Quote:

frogger wrote:
I don't even plan to have any php in it, just going to have some information.

Are you sure you don't just need a custom block?
That would be a whole lot easier than creating a module.

If you really need to create a module, go get one of the smaller ones and start hacking.

Dennis

frogger
  • 2004/6/20 1:26

• frogger

• Just popping in

Yeah, I've read all the information, but it found it pretty worthless to my situation. It kept giving me the same stupid error. All I was needing was something to allow me to put in my info index, like of projects and experiments that I had done, and an indexer of reports.

Dheltzel: Whare do I get these modules? I'm guessing in the downloads? I haven't found any that have been user-friendly, or not so complex. Is there any module templates around here?

Sorry if I sound negative, but for heavens sakes, I followed the documentation, and when I looked at some parts of the doc's, it said it was being worked on, or a link was bad. Anyway, I didn't mean to take XOOPS in the wrong way...

-Frogger

davidl2
  • 2004/6/20 1:51

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

This guide from Jack may be useful:
http://www.macambridge.com/dummies

frogger
  • 2004/6/20 2:37

• frogger

• Just popping in

Well, I'm just gonna redo xoops, it's really screwed up...

frogger
  • 2004/6/20 20:09

• frogger

• Just popping in

Well, I just redid Xoops, and I just decided to get an article one, but now, I'm wondering why the headlines section doesn't work? Why do so many things seem so screwed up?

Mithrandir

Quote:

frogger wrote:
Yeah, I've read all the information, but it found it pretty worthless to my situation. It kept giving me the same stupid error. All I was needing was something to allow me to put in my info index, like of projects and experiments that I had done, and an indexer of reports.

Noone has ever said that making modules for XOOPS is just 1-2-3 and there it is. It takes some knowledge, some practice and some trial and error.

I spent a lot of time looking at the News module in order to see, how it was done there, when I tried to figure out how to make a module. I tried some things, copied other things, read in the PHP manual, Smarty manual, XOOPS wiki. When I was stuck I asked a question with as many details as possible in order to get as good feedback as possible.

I never used a demanding tone as the one, you have applied and I never expected it to be smooth and easy without taking some work from my side.

I hope you figure it out some day.

nayeem
  • 2004/6/21 0:41

• nayeem

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/3 1

yes i agree with mith, you do need to look at it with a calm and cold mind in order to get the hang of it, and trust me when you do get the hang of it you will not find anything else thats better... at least not written in php.

Login

Who's Online

847 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 847

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits