jasonwhat
always blank after login
  • 2004/6/15 8:10

• jasonwhat

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/13

I just installed XOOPS and like it a ton, but I can't seem to get rid of some error when a user logins and goes to user.php, I get this message from debug:

Error [Xoops]: Class XoopsNotificationHandler does not exist
Handler Name: notification in file include/functions.php line 508

anybody know what this means? Please help. thanks

Herko
Re: always blank after login
  • 2004/6/15 8:22

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

It seems you don't have all the files, or some files are corrupted during upload. I'd redownload the 2.0.6 full version, and overwrite all files except mainfile.php with the new ones.

Herko

jasonwhat
  • 2004/6/16 16:42

• jasonwhat

• Just popping in

Okay, the problem is I cannot do a manual installation, only can do it through fantastico. When I try to do manual installation I'm told that the proper files aren't writeable, even though that isn't true.

can I replace some files without having to do a reinstall? thanks

Bender
  • 2004/6/16 17:12

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

jasonwhat wrote:
When I try to do manual installation I'm told that the proper files aren't writeable, even though that isn't true.

Meaning you have already a problem with FTP Access to your files and directory? I would sort out this with the hosting company first. You should be able to access, delete ... every file within your hosting which you are for sure paying for. The control panel (guess that´s what fantastico is) should not keep ownership of files.

jasonwhat
  • 2004/6/16 17:48

• jasonwhat

• Just popping in

No I have no ftp problem, I can upload and download fine. But when I use the custom installer it says that files aren't writeable. This isn't true, I can ftp just fine, the hosting company has checked and the files are writeable.

My question is, do I need to reinstall to make sure I get the right files there, or can I just copy over the existing files?
thanks

Bender
  • 2004/6/16 21:03

• Bender

• Home away from home

You can just overwrite all files like Herko already said.

Just keep the mainfile.php in the root directory untouched because it contains the settings you made when you installed first time.

m0nty
  • 2004/6/16 23:51

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

this is a long running problem with Fantastico, for whatever reason.. drastico seems to be a better word for it at this time.. they should really fix this problem as it's getting more and more common..

as herko and bender say, just ftp the XOOPS 2.0.6 files to your server instead of using fantastico (don't over write mainfile.php tho)

Bender
  • 2004/6/17 5:14

• Bender

• Home away from home

As this could be the case you should point your hoster to this thread at the fantastico support forums. Same could happen here and as i guessed is related to ownership. Your hosters setup may put root as owner for the files which obviously isn´t right.

perko
  • 2004/6/17 7:47

• perko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/8 0

I have the same problem (almost)

However, I'm pretty sure it caused by the "shop" osCommerce module! Meaning the problem disappear as soon as I deactivate the shop module! While when the shop module are active, it's more or less the only thing working right on the hole site!

Any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits