tke71709
Duplicating Xoops setups on multiple domains
  • 2004/6/13 1:19

• tke71709

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

Hello all,

Wanted to know if the following is possible.

I want to create a "template" XOOPS setup with some add-on mods, etc... Then I want to be easily copy that exact same configuration up on multiple domains. I don't need the domains to talk to each other or anything like that, I just don't want to have to install and tweak XOOPS on every domain to get it started.

Easy enough?

DobePhat
Re: Duplicating Xoops setups on multiple domains
  • 2004/6/13 5:27

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

if you have your theme and know your layout I'm not sure how much easier you can get?

After all your not making a bunch of the SAME site are you?
That might be a bad idea...

tke71709
  • 2004/6/13 12:54

• tke71709

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 2

The concept is to be able to help others with no technical knowledge run XOOPS for their group sites.

So each site would be the same at the beginning, the content would of course be different for each site as they grow.

Basically I'm concerned about moving the starting database between domains, each one would start out with a certain set of links and articles (for example on XOOPS themes) that would be useful for each group.

I would rather not reinvent the wheel each time a group gets a XOOPS powered site is all.

There is a discussion going on about moving a XOOPS site to another domain, hopefully there will be some info in there.

Thanks

fatman
  • 2004/6/13 14:29

• fatman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/13

If you are comfortable using phpmyadmin or any other MySQL client you can easily move an entire XOOPS configuration to another server just by doing a complete export of all XOOPS tables and contents from one database and then import this into another.

Im phpmyadmin select your database and then select the export tab. Select ALL your database tables and then check off the 'add drop table' option. Export to a file and save this file somewhere on your local machine.

Now go to the other database with phpmyadmin and click on the SQL tab. You should be provided a file upload field. Click browse and select the SQL file previously exported.

That should be it.

You don't even have to go through the entire XOOPS install if your comfortable editing the mainfile.php file manually.

Hope that works out for you.

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (167 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits