Rjupiter
My site got shut down because of xoops?
  • 2004/6/11 5:53

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/1/27

Well the site I put togther for one of my hosting acounts got shut down by the server I lease from cause it said that the register.php file in XOOPS was using 12% of the ram and along with some other files a total of 49.23% of ram for the server was being used by the site. Well I have never had this happen before so is it all XOOPS fault or what? if so how can I fix this?

Herko
Re: My site got shut down because of xoops?
  • 2004/6/11 6:03

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

register.php isn't doing anything special that could eat so many resources... it's not called that often (only when a person registers for the site. DO you have persistant connections turned on in mainfile.php (pconnect)? That's known to be more resource intensive...

Herko

Rjupiter
  • 2004/6/11 6:12

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

I don't know but that could be something to look into how do I check for that?

Herko
  • 2004/6/11 6:16

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

check in mainfile.php if pconnect is set to 1 (on) or 0 (off).

Herko

Rjupiter
  • 2004/6/11 7:12

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

if I can get my host to let me back into the site I will take a look at it and set it to 0 to see if that helps.

Herko
  • 2004/6/11 7:16

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Your host is denying you access to what you paid for?? Wow, that is bad...

This whole business seems a bit strange to me, as there aren't that many reports of XOOPS misbehaving on a server. Do you have any hacks (the auto-login for instance), 3rd party modules installed? What XOOPS version are you running? Are you using module cache, gzip compression? What is the PHP version? What is the number of concurrent users on your site, and what is the erver resources you have available?

All these could be a factor in this...

Herko

Rjupiter
  • 2004/6/11 8:37

• Rjupiter

• Just popping in

yes, but not to all my server just to this one site they closed it / blocked it. They are trying to tell me that any script that gets a lot of traffic can cause damage but they also have pictures listed as being top consumers of ram and I am like picture?? how can a picture use 10% of ram/ cpu usage?

As for your question no I am not running any hacks and yes I have thrid party modules installed , mydownloads, laise, Narga's Guestbook, mylinks, and I think a contact form module but not sure.

I am not runing the lastest version but the one previous to that I think I am not 100% though.

I am using module cache for some like mydownloads and mylinks and I think the guestbook.

I can't rememebr if I am using gzip or not and the PHP version is 4.3.7.

The users I know are a lot (it is a very popular site) but not sure on number I would have to check with the girl who site it is.

As for my resources I am a reseller (a small one) but I have a 2GB of space and 50MB of bandwidth for my account and all come with their own cpanel etc.. you know the deal.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits