Jack404
Re: Paypal Donations 1.31 Reconcile Problem
  • 2004/6/10 17:41

• Jack404

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/16

In the meantime, I have uncovered a few module-breaking errors in the IPN code; this is why none of the transactions are being logged, even if they do reach the IPN script. I have fixed them and they are up on the CVS for the xDonations project.

Please check there for the newest versions of the files, or better yet, wait for a few days while we get this next quick release of the module ready! Hopefully we can get a fixed module out soon.

Thanks for your patience!

intel352
  • 2004/6/10 17:50

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

yeah, i believe i mentioned somewhere else, the ipn script's debug features seemed a bit dodgy, especially since the log didn't have an admin interface (had to access the sql via phpmyadmin or directly)

jack, i do think a complete module rewrite (although gradual) might be in order

this way, we would be familiar with all of the code intimately, and get rid of any broken features or useless code.

brash
  • 2004/6/10 21:03

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Quote:

Jack404 wrote:
Hey all,

It just figures that my power went out last night while I was typing a response

@Brash: First of all, do you have PayPal set up to use Instant Payment Notification? If you're not sure, check here.

That would be my first thing for you to check; if that is set to "Off" or to another IPN page, your donations module will be unable to pick anything up. If you find that it is off, make sure that you turn it on and set the page to
http://www.yoursite.com/modules/donations/ipnppd.php to get the ball rolling.

Test this and see if you can get it to work. Good luck!

I'm VERY hopeful that this might be it! I did not have IPN activated in my Paypal account options. I have activated it now and have added the URL as you suggested. Only thing left now is to test it by making a donation which I will do once I get to work as I'll have to setup another Paypal account I think.

intel352
  • 2004/6/10 22:18

• intel352

• Module Developer

you have to use a separate bank account or credit card.

i'll make a donation to test.

intel352
  • 2004/6/10 22:20

• intel352

• Module Developer

it worked, that was what the problem is.

i'll be sure to include that tidbit of info in the next release, i guess i had assumed people would have IPN enabled :-X

brash
  • 2004/6/10 22:29

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Great! Just goes to show you should never under estimate the power of stupidity . I didn't even know there was an IPN option to enable in my Paypal account.

Jack404
  • 2004/6/10 22:34

• Jack404

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/16

Glad we could get it to work =)

As far as the new release of the code, be sure to download the latest package when we release it. For a sneak preview, check outhttp://sandbox.ajxdesigns.com (the only module installed there is the donations one).

intel352
  • 2004/6/10 22:39

• intel352

• Module Developer

nice work jack

btw, one more feature we should add, is whenever a non-member donates, and they say "show my name", it should show their name as given by paypal

alyussiu
  • 2004/6/16 12:16

• alyussiu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/4/9 9

Hi ^_^.

I've installed your module (thanks for it!), but I've a problem when I try to verify "IPN", I've some errors. Here is what I get:

Debug mode activated

Xoops Donations Module

PayPal Instant Payment Notification script

See below for status:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Opening connection and validating request with PayPal...
OK!

Notice: Undefined index: item_name in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 88

Notice: Undefined index: item_number in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 89

Notice: Undefined index: payment_status in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined index: mc_gross in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined index: mc_currency in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 92

Notice: Undefined index: txn_id in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 93

Notice: Undefined index: txn_type in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 94

Notice: Undefined index: receiver_email in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 95

Notice: Undefined index: payer_email in /home/japanese/www/modules/donations/ipnppd.php on line 96
Executing test query...PASSED!
PayPal Receiver Email: alyussium@japanese-kanji.org
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you don't see any error messages, you should be good to go!

I've tested it locally before and I had no problem when verifying...

Do you know what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

intel352
  • 2004/6/16 12:45

• intel352

• Module Developer

you have php debug on, those are just notices. if there were any errors that the script had detected, it would have notified you (without you needing php debug on)

the notices should be removed by the next version

Login

Who's Online

225 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 225

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits