darkkael
Default Theme Selection
  • 2004/6/8 23:41

• darkkael

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Dear all,

How can i set the default theme that a visitor will see when logging into the site?

Also i'm struggling to see how the content management works like how content is added to the main menu and how to add sub menu items. The only way i've managed so far is by installing tiny content. Which works but i would have thought there was a basic way to do this already included in the standard package.

Lastly how do you stop the tiny event calender displaying tiny event calender as its title where am i missing that setting?

Cheers

Simon

Stewdio
Re: Default Theme Selection
  • 2004/6/8 23:49

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

How can i set the default theme that a visitor will see when logging into the site?

>Go to System Admin->Preference->General Settings and set your default Theme.

Also i'm struggling to see how the content management works like how content is added to the main menu and how to add sub menu items. The only way i've managed so far is by installing tiny content. Which works but i would have thought there was a basic way to do this already included in the standard package.

>Go to System Admin->Modules to add new modules and have them appear in the main menu. You can also set the name that appears on the module menu names here and set thier weight (order).

Lastly how do you stop the tiny event calender displaying tiny event calender as its title where am i missing that setting?

>See Module explanation above.

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/8 23:53

• Stewdio

Also, you can read the Visual Guide to XOOPS:

http://docs.xoops.org/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=4

This may help shed some light on the inner workings. More documentation is on the way.

*edit*

And be sure to check out JackJ's Guide for Dummies

http://www.macambridge.com/dummies/

darkkael
  • 2004/6/9 0:14

• darkkael

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Okay got the default theme sorted can't believe i didn't see that after reading the options over and over!

With respect to installing modules to add them to the main menu i understand that but do i have to creat a module to hold a bunch of php and html pages ? is that difficult? i'll go read the wiki site but your comments would be welcomed.

with respect to the tiny event calendar i can change the title in the main menu through the module administration but when you click that link the heading bar remains saying "tiny event calendar" i can't find that preference change dialog box should i have renamed the module before installing or do i have to hack into the module and change something there?

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/9 0:59

• Stewdio

For the timy event calendar, you may want to check the lanhuage files that came with the module.

In respect to adding other content outside of XOOPS, it is possible to achieve. This part of the Wiki is a good place to start:
http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=XoopsStaticContent

I'm not sure what your trying to achieve, but tiny content and other modules like it will help you get underway.

Alan-A
  • 2004/6/10 11:27

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

You could also try the "Sections" Module which comes with Xoops.

Good luck,

Alan

Login

Who's Online

471 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 471

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits