ladysham
Missing system options
  • 2004/6/8 0:46

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Help - I can't understand what happened here. This is not my first XOOPS installation by any means, but the first time I've had this type of problem.

I installed a new version of XOOPS 2.0.6 for a client. While I was working on getting blocks set up, etc. - I noticed that not all the system blocks were listed. I'm missing the "main menu" block - which, of course, I definitely need.

These can't be deleted - can they?

I have no idea why this happened- and I'm getting ready to do a new installation and then update. Is there anything else I can do besides a new installation? I'm waiting with "bated" breath! Thanks!

Kelly Ling

Stewdio
Re: Missing system options
  • 2004/6/8 1:03

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Re-upload all your files in case something was missed? Maybe go to preferences and have your templates update automatically, or go into the templates admin itself and generate the files manually?

Just a couple quick things off the top of my head. The obvious deletion of /template_c files and /cache files may be needed as well, but I'm sure you checked that already.

ladysham
  • 2004/6/8 1:12

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Well, I've tried all that and still can't get them. Problem is - they don't even appear in the system admin area. Out of about 8-10 system options - I only have 5 that even appear on the list.

Kelly Ling

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/8 1:17

• Stewdio

Sounds like a corrupted upload or install. I don't think it would be a permissions issue. All I can say is reupload the entire package and reinstall.

I'm not sure if a server configuration may be at fault here either. Just plain weird though.

ladysham
  • 2004/6/8 1:21

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

And doing it that way would get rid of all the data already there, correct??

Including memberships, etc? ACtually - I could rename the prefix and install a completely new installation without deleting the other stuff - right?

Kelly

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/8 1:28

• Stewdio

I thought you were going off a new installation, sorry. You said new client, so I Assumed new installation. You could try a different table prefix, but you could also export your tables (with drop_tables) and download your current DB.

Install in a NEW directory, with a new DB. Once you have it up and running, import the tables you just exported, edit your mainfile.php and you should be alright.

So long as you can create a NEW DB, then you don't have to make a new table prefix.

Treat it like a migration by installing in a new Dir, getting it running and moving your tables from the old into the new and then copying your files over. Adjusting the mainfile.php will be the final step and you should be good to go.

I know I repeated myself, I'm having a hard time explaining myself tonight. Hope you follow my drift.

ladysham
  • 2004/6/8 1:32

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

It was a new installation. LOL - But because I got behind, the client started population the site before I worked everything out. ::Sigh::

Thanks for your input. Guess what I"ll be doing tonight. LOL

Get some sleep!

Kelly Ling

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/8 1:34

• Stewdio

I'm sure you have a good idea of whats going on, you've certainly done this a few times

Good Luck!

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/8 1:57

• Stewdio

By the way, it might not hurt to use the debug tools to see if anyting shows up. Also, uploading the files again might not hurt.

ladysham
  • 2004/6/8 4:18

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

Well, I was able to solve my problem. I reinstalled XOOPS over the old version on the server. Then, when I installed xoops, I chose another prefix.

Then, I manipulated the MySQL files by renaming the "xoopsnews" prefix to "xoopsnews1" and then renaming the original "xoops" to "xoopsnews" which was my new prefix. Kind of a round about way, but worked for me and guaranteed that I didn't lose anything. LOL

Thanks for your help, Stew.

Kelly Ling

Login

Who's Online

131 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 131

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits