bratan
Can't change Form Buttons
  • 2004/6/5 16:45

• bratan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 1

I've been trying to change ugly grey form buttons for days on the main page, but looks like it's just ignores all my styles. These are buttons that say Login, Vote!, Search, etc.
I have syte.css setup correctly, and it works for some buttons, but not the for the main ones. Problem is that they don't use any style by default. I search all source files trying to add clas='formButton' anywhere where Submit was called but it didn't help :(
Please please, push me in the right direction.
My site is http://ctaca.net
Thanks a lot in advance! :)

JackJ
Re: Can't change Form Buttons
  • 2004/6/5 17:25

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

I use the x2t theme which has nice buttons, there is Templates in the extras folder of your download for x2t, form buttons are set up like this

For the login block in default theme

class="formButton" calls are made from

system admin->templates->system->system_block_login.html

in the approriate cells of course

code for stylesheet in your theme folder something like this format:

input.formButton {border: 1px solid #5E5D63; color: #000000; font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 9px; text-align:center;background-image : url('inputbg.gif');}

bratan
  • 2004/6/6 14:57

• bratan

• Just popping in

Thanks a lot! I didn't work at first, for some reason changes I made in the system_block templates did not show up on the website. But then I looked at Template_c directory and found that by changing themes there it did get reflected on the website! Of course I totally screwed up the site by modifying those files. Looks like just resaving them without changes breakes admin module. Now I'm getting message that this is the my first time loggin in as admin, and then nothing happens. I've seen people here experience similar problems but they were related to firewall. Mine is different. What is templates_c directory anyway? Why can't I modify it? And why the heck XOOPS using it instead of source files? :(
Hehe, also looks like provider suspended my account for some reason, I wonder if by tweaking XOOPS I somehow did something bad to their server..

JackJ
  • 2004/6/6 15:04

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

template_c is just a cache folder which needs cleared out from time to time, these files are not for editing..

McEwan
  • 2004/6/6 18:28

• McEwan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/27

This must be one of the most common problems I see. The reason that you don't see any changes when you edit template files, are most likely because you didn't turn on the "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" option in Preferences/General settings.

bratan
  • 2004/6/7 18:37

• bratan

• Just popping in

Yes "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory" is set to yes. But if I updated "modules\templates\blocks\system_block_login.html" it doesn't get reflected on the site :(

bratan
  • 2004/6/7 20:20

• bratan

• Just popping in

Ah! Never mind, I found it. Looks like I can't just edit file with Dreamweaver. I had to edit templates thru Admin Interface. Then it worked...
Thanks

Login

Who's Online

444 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 444

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits